Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Iframe question

Re: Iframe question

Neredbojias

On 04 Nov 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

> I have never handled Iframes before and I don't know if this is
> possible.
>
> I currently have a page with an Iframe. Inside of that Iframe is an
> external web page (this is what the customer specifically wanted).
> This works fine (although there is a bit of scrolling introduced due
> to its capture).
>
> Now, when a link inside that that external web page that is in the
> Iframe is clicked, it takes over the whole parent page and doesn't
> stay within the Iframe. Is there a way to keep it confined to the
> Iframe and only have the contents of that Iframe change to the linked
> page?
>
> I have searched Google, but found nothing about navigating links
> inside of Iframes, just how to get pages initially into the Iframe.

After reading the above and all the replies to minute, let me say this
about them.

Perhaps all you have to do is remove the target attribute and validate
the page.

It's pretty easy to prevent pages from being framed by external
websites. If the framed-page author has taken any such steps, you're
out of luck.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

BootNic

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:22:51 -0500
sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> On 04 Nov 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
>>
>>> I have never handled Iframes before and I don't know if this is
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> I currently have a page with an Iframe. Inside of that
>>> Iframe is an external web page (this is what the customer
>>> specifically wanted). This works fine (although there is a bit
>>> of scrolling introduced due to its capture).
>>>
>>> Now, when a link inside that that external web page that is
>>> in the Iframe is clicked, it takes over the whole parent page
>>> and doesn't stay within the Iframe. Is there a way to keep it
>>> confined to the Iframe and only have the contents of that
>>> Iframe change to the linked page?
>>>
>>> I have searched Google, but found nothing about navigating
>>> links inside of Iframes, just how to get pages initially into
>>> the Iframe.

>> After reading the above and all the replies to minute, let me
>> say this about them.
>>
>> Perhaps all you have to do is remove the target attribute and
>> validate the page.

> It happened even without that target attribute.
>

>> It's pretty easy to prevent pages from being framed by
>> external websites. If the framed-page author has taken any such
>> steps, you're out of luck.

> That seems to be the consensus (even if he did it
> inadvertantly).

The page that loads has a frame busting script:

if(top != self) {top.location.href = location.href;}

--
BootNic Thu Nov 5, 2009 05:30 pm
The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a

⁕ 249 days remaining

Raymond Schmit

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:22:51 -0500, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

>Neredbojias wrote:
>> On 04 Nov 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
>>
>>> I have never handled Iframes before and I don't know if this is
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> I currently have a page with an Iframe. Inside of that Iframe is an
>>> external web page (this is what the customer specifically wanted).
>>> This works fine (although there is a bit of scrolling introduced due
>>> to its capture).
>>>
>>> Now, when a link inside that that external web page that is in the
>>> Iframe is clicked, it takes over the whole parent page and doesn't
>>> stay within the Iframe. Is there a way to keep it confined to the
>>> Iframe and only have the contents of that Iframe change to the linked
>>> page?
>>>
>>> I have searched Google, but found nothing about navigating links
>>> inside of Iframes, just how to get pages initially into the Iframe.

>> After reading the above and all the replies to minute, let me say this
>> about them.
>>
>> Perhaps all you have to do is remove the target attribute and validate
>> the page.

>It happened even without that target attribute.
>

>> It's pretty easy to prevent pages from being framed by external
>> websites. If the framed-page author has taken any such steps, you're
>> out of luck.

>That seems to be the consensus (even if he did it inadvertantly).

It's not possible to do it *inadvertantly* .....
.... -> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script1.htm