Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > data.govt.nz

data.govt.nz

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Heard about this on Nathan Torkington’s segment on RNZ National this
morning.

It’s supposed to be a one-stop starting point for finding public NZ
government data, but I think it’s still in its early stages. The first thing
I searched for was “crime” (looking for crime statistics), but that only
returned 1 hit, to an item about “designated terrorist individuals and
organisations”. Trying to find out about “petrol prices” returned nothing.
But “inflation” did lead me to this very useful RBNZ page
<http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/keygraphs/Fig1.html> graphing inflation since 1990,
and offering a download of earlier figures.

Do I see a new wave of mashups coming on?