Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > forms authentication with loginurl on a remote machine contd

forms authentication with loginurl on a remote machine contd

Hermit Dave

Steven,

Just a quick query.... in the two apps i have... it works fine on my local
machine... but was talking to someone who was implementing a very similar
method.... and it was then that i noticed... that the returnURL value...
when it was forwarded to secure application contained
"/virtualdir/virtualdir2/index.aspx"
This would mean that in a scenario like mine.. where the second app is on a
different server i would have to set a manual redirection to the first
applicaton... (cause returnURL is not a fully qualified URL....

however i did notice... that passport authentication (i know its a totally
different mechanism) but the returnURL is indeed fully qualified...

Was also reading some posts earlier when someone mentioned that the behavior
was indeed very similar till beta 1 but was later on change to not have full
URL
would appreciate you comments on this...

--
Regards,

HD

PS: still havent tried it on my live servers (messed up the permissions on
db and am waiting for it to be restored... )

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Steven,
>
> I had already set the machine key value for one of the apps... all i had

> do was use the same machine key and authentication across.
> all i did was just copied the web.config file over to the other place...
>
> yes i am already using authenticaiton and role info stored in the db and

am
> hashing the password before storage during registration.
>
> And it did work just fine on my local dev machine with two different apps.
>
> The only difference in web.config files is that the loginurl for one of

the

--
Regards,

HD