Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Connection drops / PS2 connection

Steve

Hi all,

I know this is a hot topic in here and I've been reading some of the similar
posts but cant quite find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I have a Belikin 6231-4 wireless router and a Belkin wireless adapter gaming
port to connect my Playstation 2 to the network. I am getting constant
connection drops every 10 mins on the PS2 - these happen even when hard
wired to the router but dont when direct connection to modem.

I've tried about all of the settings on the router (firewall off,
authentication off, etc) but can solve this one.

Anyone got any tips on what could be happening or possible solutions?

Also, I read a long shot once that the belkin wireless router maybe over
heating - this drops are too consistent in their occurence patterns for me
to believe this - am i right to discount this?

I've mailed Belkin but no reply yet.

Cheers
Steve

Clark

From what you say, it seems to be a problem with the router. Have you tried
keeping it a little cooler than normal to see if the times change?

Do you run anything else through the router, or do you watch it's status
page to see if it is dropping the connection?

Clark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...