Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Using redundant dhcpds

Using redundant dhcpds

S. Checker

I'm getting ready to roll out a second dhcpd server with failover
operational:
http://www.madboa.com/geek/dhcp-failover/

It's simple enough to set up but since I'm currently supporting
multiple subnets from the one server I am not clear about the ip
helper-address in IOS. Currently of course it's just the one line
ip helper-address 1.2.3.4

Should I add a second helper-address line to the config, or is it
better to change the existing line to a broadcast address (1.2.3.255,
assuming a /24)? Has anyone used this in production?
--
Don't drink the pickle juice until the pickles are all gone.