Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to get and save PDF submitted from FDF form?

How to get and save PDF submitted from FDF form?

SWu

Hi all

Could someone please tell me how to receive and save the PDF that gets
submitted from an FDF form?

DETAILS
======
The server has PDF forms (i.e. FDFs) which the user can browse to and
complete online. Each form was created with a submit button to my ASPX
page. The submit option is "submit entire PDF".

I found a newsgroup posting which said:

"You need to save the entire incoming stream, the length of which is
identified by the content length, to a file. There are no native ASP methods
for doing so. You can use "Request.BinaryRead" to capture the data. The
result is an array of unsigned bytes (SafeArray) that you can then save to a
file. The resulting file will be the PDF."

I tried to test this by using:

Response.Write(Request.BinaryRead(Request.ContentL ength).ToString());

but after 10 minutes of nothing happening in the browser, stopped it.

Any further light that anyone can shed on this would be GREATLY appreciated.
At this stage, I don't want to consider submitting fields only, using
third-party components, etc but will be forced to change my mind if I don't
find a solution, soon.

Thanks,
Stephen

PDF forms filling with ASP.NET, interactive forms, fill and write to database (iText or FDF Toolkit or ...) Toni Pohl ASP .Net 1 08-10-2008 01:40 PM
FDF Toolkit with ASP.NET a.mustaq@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 10-08-2007 07:06 AM
Help FDF Toolkit Mirko Java 0 11-11-2004 07:45 AM
FDF to PDF in Python? Sean Berry Python 1 04-06-2004 09:14 AM
ALL Downloads .EXE,. ZIP,.Setup Come up as PDF.FDF---Help???? Fred Evans Computer Support 2 07-15-2003 12:45 AM

Advertisments