Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DLSw in IOS?

DLSw in IOS?

Bill Johnson

Does the DLSw feature come pre-installed in current releases of IOS? Or
does it need to be separately licensed and installed?

Once upon I time I remember DLSw needed to be ordered and paid for
separately - but that that was many moons ago. I get the impression
these days it's built-in to IOS, out of the box, ready to run.

Thanks for any clues!

Bill

Thrill5

DLSw is not in the Base IOS feature set so yes you need an upgrade. I think
it's only in the Enterprise feature set and you should verify this with the
Feature Navigator.

"Bill Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4af0d667$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does the DLSw feature come pre-installed in current releases of IOS? Or
> does it need to be separately licensed and installed?
>
> Once upon I time I remember DLSw needed to be ordered and paid for
> separately - but that that was many moons ago. I get the impression these
> days it's built-in to IOS, out of the box, ready to run.
>
> Thanks for any clues!
>
> Bill

DLSw+ performance adequate on DSL? Doug Simpson Cisco 1 10-19-2004 07:32 PM
LPDA Hoses SDLC / DLSW+ Doug Simpson Cisco 0 04-13-2004 05:25 PM
Bridging SNA via DLSW Tom Pouce Cisco 2 12-10-2003 09:11 AM
DLSW Packet Overheads ChasW Cisco 2 07-18-2003 02:47 PM
DLSW between One hub and two spokes.... Masud Reza Cisco 0 07-15-2003 09:46 AM

Advertisments