Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 70-640 General Exam Info

70-640 General Exam Info

ToddMic

I've started studying for the exam in the hopes of one day becoming a server
admin. I havn't been able to find any stats on the 70-640 exam - and I'm
sure I must be looking in all the wrong places,

How many questions are on the exam?
How long do you have to do it?
Any what is the percentage to pass?

Thanks to anyone for the help!

Mitch Garvis, MCT

pa

"ToddMic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've started studying for the exam in the hopes of one day becoming a
> server
> admin. I havn't been able to find any stats on the 70-640 exam - and I'm
> sure I must be looking in all the wrong places,
>
> How many questions are on the exam?
> How long do you have to do it?
> Any what is the percentage to pass?
>
> Thanks to anyone for the help!

Mitch Garvis, MCT

Hi Todd:

How many questions? Depends, and we're not supposed to say.
How long? Usually 3-4 hours. PLENTY of time.
Percentage? NOBODY but Microsoft knows... Passing score is 700, and they do
not tell you how they come to that, but it is different for each exam.

Good luck!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
Microsoft MVP: Essential Business Server
Http://garvis.ca
Twitter: @MitchGarvis

"ToddMic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've started studying for the exam in the hopes of one day becoming a
> server
> admin. I havn't been able to find any stats on the 70-640 exam - and I'm
> sure I must be looking in all the wrong places,
>
> How many questions are on the exam?
> How long do you have to do it?
> Any what is the percentage to pass?
>
> Thanks to anyone for the help!

Mitch Garvis, MCT

Hi Todd,

It never gets old... These questions are so common that it astounds me that
nobody ever looks to see that we don't generally answer them:

1) How many questions? Depends... not always the same from test to test.
2) How long? Long enough... usually 3-4 hours. If your English reading is
passable PLENTY of time.
3) Percentage? Nobody knows but Microsoft... and it varies from exam to
exam. The passing score is 700.

Now GO FORTH AND PASS!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
Microsoft MVP: Essential Business Server
Http://garvis.ca
Twitter: @MitchGarvis

"ToddMic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've started studying for the exam in the hopes of one day becoming a
> server
> admin. I havn't been able to find any stats on the 70-640 exam - and I'm
> sure I must be looking in all the wrong places,
>
> How many questions are on the exam?
> How long do you have to do it?
> Any what is the percentage to pass?
>
> Thanks to anyone for the help!

joelaraujo

Here in Europe the 70-640 is no longer available.
it has been renamed to 83-640 ahd it as 2 full labs, with additional 30
questions. it a 4 hour schedulled exam.
The passing score should be around the 750 mark, but it will be displayed
once you start the test.