Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Getting "invalid Partition" message as soon as I try and boot to XP HOME

Re: Getting "invalid Partition" message as soon as I try and boot to XP HOME

G. Morgan

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:30:02 -0600, Jack Newhouse <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How does three go about fixing that?

Put your question in the body of the text please.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows
XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert
the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from
the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the
Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the
installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the
administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and
repair your Windows XP installation.

You want to run "fixmbr".

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsf/p/fixmbr.htm