Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screensavers

Screensavers

jfl

The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.
What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

why?

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:02:35 -0500, jfl wrote:

>The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.

Set what about them? Ah, you only have the list of Windows default
screen savers to pick from.

>What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

What other scr? Do they/it have a name?

Have you downloaded a scr? Was there any instructions on how to get it
working?

Did you copy the scr to the same place the Windows scr files are?

Me

richard

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:02:35 -0500, jfl wrote:

> The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.
> What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

The basic rule is you put the scr file in the same folder as the windows
scr files. Then reboot your system.

VanguardLH

jfl wrote:

> The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default
> screesavers. What setting do I have to change to get other scr to
> work?

You'll first have to *install* that 3rd party screensaver program, or
copy its .scr files. Since they contain scripts, be damn sure of
getting the .scr file from a trustworthy source.

Seven Java Screensavers Leo Wong Java 13 03-16-2006 03:34 AM
installing screensavers Jan Faerber HTML 8 10-12-2004 05:32 PM
Attn: Boomer: THanks for the Screensavers sites BillyClub Computer Support 1 01-20-2004 05:05 AM
To anyone who knows about older ScreenSavers BillyClub Computer Support 6 01-15-2004 11:30 PM
Re: screensavers Danny Computer Support 0 06-25-2003 09:50 PM

Advertisments