Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tkinter callback arguments

Tkinter callback arguments

Gabriel Genellina

En Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:08:49 -0300, Alf P. Steinbach <(E-Mail Removed)>
escribió:
> * Terry Reedy:
>> Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>>
>>> However, the natural semantics is that various logical properties,
>>> such as left, top, right, bottom, width and height, can be varied
>>> independently.

>> But they *CANNOT* be varied independently. A rectangle with side
>> parallel to the axes has exactly 4 degress of freedom, not 6.

> Yes <g>. That's the basic idea of the example I presented up-thread,
> that's discussed here. With R1's state variables width and heigh can be
> varied independently by direct modification, with R2 it's right and
> bottom.
>
> The public interface must also make this choice, but it's an independent
> choice: the internal rectangle representation can have the opposite
> choice.
>
> And conversely, that means that if the internal representation isn't
> used directly, then it can be changed without affecting the public
> interface.

And that's exactly what everyone is saying - so we all agree then!

--
Gabriel Genellina

Alf P. Steinbach

* Gabriel Genellina:
> En Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:08:49 -0300, Alf P. Steinbach <(E-Mail Removed)>
> escribió:
>> * Terry Reedy:

>>> But they *CANNOT* be varied independently. A rectangle with side
>>> parallel to the axes has exactly 4 degress of freedom, not 6.

>> Yes <g>. That's the basic idea of the example I presented up-thread,
>> that's discussed here. With R1's state variables width and heigh can
>> be varied independently by direct modification, with R2 it's right and
>> bottom.
>>
>> The public interface must also make this choice, but it's an
>> independent choice: the internal rectangle representation can have the
>> opposite choice.
>>
>> And conversely, that means that if the internal representation isn't
>> used directly, then it can be changed without affecting the public
>> interface.

> And that's exactly what everyone is saying - so we all agree then!

Well, it may be that we *violently* agree.

Cheers,

- Alf