Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Recommended Wireless Router?

Recommended Wireless Router?

ColTom2

Hi:

I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop XP
Home Edition.

However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
and if so my current router would not work.

I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
reasonable price.

Thanks,

ColTom2

Daddy

You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
user forum:

Small Net Builder
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php

Daddy

"ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> XP
> Home Edition.
>
> However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> and if so my current router would not work.
>
> I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> reasonable price.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ColTom2

ColTom2

Thanks!

"Daddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
user forum:

Small Net Builder
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php

Daddy

"ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> XP
> Home Edition.
>
> However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> and if so my current router would not work.
>
> I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> reasonable price.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ColTom2

smlunatick

On Oct 29, 10:16*pm, "ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> "Daddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
> user forum:
>
> Small Net Builderhttp://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php
>
> Daddy
>
> "ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi:

> > *I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> > worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> > XP
> > Home Edition.

> > *However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> > and if so my current router would not work.

> > *I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> > reasonable price.

> > Thanks,

> > ColTom2

If you are moving to Windows 7, check with the selected router
manufacturers FAQ and Support web sites. Some manufacturers have not
tested Windows 7 yet. Linksys and D-Link have yet to provide any
info, or support, for Windows 7 compatibilities.

David B.

Your current router will work just fine with Windows 7, who told you it
wouldn't?

"ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> XP
> Home Edition.
>
> However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> and if so my current router would not work.
>
> I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> reasonable price.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ColTom2

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
This is one of the best sub $100 Wireless Routers.
It has High Power output and thus provide strong stable Signal.It is
compatible with all version of Windows including 7 and it is WPA2 capable.
Example for price and availability,
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> XP
> Home Edition.
>
> However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> and if so my current router would not work.
>
> I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> reasonable price.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ColTom2

smlunatick

On Oct 30, 7:04*pm, "Jef Roe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "smlunatick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Oct 29, 10:16 pm, "ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Thanks!

> > "Daddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
> > user forum:

> > Small Net Builderhttp://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php

> > Daddy

> > "ColTom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Hi:

> > > I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
> > > worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
> > > XP
> > > Home Edition.

> > > However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
> > > and if so my current router would not work.

> > > I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
> > > reasonable price.

> > > Thanks,

> > > ColTom2

> If you are moving to Windows 7, check with the selected router
> manufacturers FAQ and Support web sites. *Some manufacturers have not
> tested Windows 7 yet. *Linksys and D-Link have yet to provide any
> info, or support, for Windows 7 compatibilities.
>
> yes, our ACER monitors at work have a Vista approved sticker on them.

Did you read the thread? This is a thread for wireless routers used
with Windows 7. It is not Vista and not monitors.

smlunatick

On Nov 2, 5:30*pm, "Jef Roe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> what's a thread ?

Thread of thought

A Usenet newsgroup post thread is a grouping of answers, based upon
the question posted in the first post. The OP (original poster) was
asking questions on which wireless router could work with Windows 7.
You answered that your Acer monitor is "certified" for Vista, both did
not contain any "answers" for the question.