Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft's Decline Continues

Microsoft's Decline Continues

impossible

> > "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Nothing. Obviously.
> >>

> > Ohhhhh...poor salesman. Another door slamnmed in your face? Hard to take
> > ,
> > eh?

> >> So no actual answers there either eh?
> >>

> > Can you not read, salesman?

> >> Still waiting....
> >>

> > Well, is it?

> >> That's a pretty clumsy sidestep.
> >>

> > Actually, that was pretty much dead on. Not getting in the door to see
> > the
> > decision-makers is the ultimate saleman's lament. You're angry that your
> > product doesn't amkle the cut -- I get that. But instead of taking at a
> > criticvall look at what you peddle, you instead blame the decison-making
> > process and the "dictatorial" deciders.

> >> That's a relief. They probably wouldn't have any answers either.
> >>

> > Yes, you're undoubtedly at your best when talking to yourself.

> >> heh
> >>

> > Peddling products that no one wants -- How's that working for you?
> >
> >> It seems your only area of expertise or self worth was threatened, and
> >> you were so upset you couldn't actually form any coherent arguments
> >> and had to resort to exceptionally weak abuse based on wildly
> >> innaccurate assumptions.
> >>
> >> Don't worry, I won't hurt your precious any more.
> >>

> > Don't leave on my account -- I'm enjoying this little exchange,
> > salesman.
> >

> Of course you would, endless twisting contradictions and silly name
> calling without any real argument seems to be right up your alley. And
> you've amply established that you don't have anything beyond that.

You're just another prat who thought he could stroll in and pontificate on a
subject he knows nothing about. You got your arse kicked -- now slink away.

> But unfortunately for your hobby, everyone else just gets too bored
> with that. You'll have to go pick another one of your pointless
> playground fights in another thread.

Think before you speak -- that's your best defense against another
arse-kicking.

AD.

On Nov 1, 1:45*pm, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You're just another prat who thought he could stroll in and pontificate on a
> subject he knows nothing about. You got your arse kicked -- now slink away.

OK now that you've like totally kicked my arse, what was the strategic
advantage a company gains by upgrading their office suite?

You were so busy kicking my arse with your cutting but oh so witty and
eloquent salesman gybes, that you forgot to actually mention it. Which
is a shame, because I (and my board of directors) really need to know
now.

Please enlighten us, O great but vengeful one...

--
Cheers
Anton

peterwn

On Nov 1, 9:16*pm, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 1:45*pm, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > You're just another prat who thought he could stroll in and pontificate on a
> > subject he knows nothing about. You got your arse kicked -- now slink away.

> OK now that you've like totally kicked my arse, what was the strategic
> advantage a company gains by upgrading their office suite?
>
> You were so busy kicking my arse with your cutting but oh so witty and
> eloquent salesman gybes, that you forgot to actually mention it. Which
> is a shame, because I (and my board of directors) really need to know
> now.
>
> Please enlighten us, O great but vengeful one...

Interestingly, it took 'Impossible' a while to comment on this thread
because he was no doubt waiting for his running instructions from
Redmond. The 'chair thrower' probably said 'we have no answer for this
- just do the usual bullshit and bluster'.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hcbtp8$tj8$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> It isn't just Windows Client sales that have seen a sharp drop over the
> past year ...

Even more surprising to see that sales of Windows 7 preinstalled on PCs are
actually worse than those of Vista so far
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/05/windows_7_v_windows_vista_sales/>.

Retail copies seem to be selling well compared to Vista, but then hardly
anybody buys those.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hd03j2$mr1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <hcbtp8$tj8$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> It isn't just Windows Client sales that have seen a sharp drop over the
>> past year ...

> Even more surprising to see that sales of Windows 7 preinstalled on PCs
> are actually worse than those of Vista so far
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/05/windows_7_v_windows_vista_sales/>.

Pent-up demand? What pent-up demand?
<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1561773/windows-boosting-pc-sales>

impossible

news:hdefg7$4uq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <hd03j2$mr1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In message <hcbtp8$tj8$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> It isn't just Windows Client sales that have seen a sharp drop over the
>>> past year ...

>> Even more surprising to see that sales of Windows 7 preinstalled on PCs
>> are actually worse than those of Vista so far
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/05/windows_7_v_windows_vista_sales/>.

> Pent-up demand? What pent-up demand?
> <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1561773/windows-boosting-pc-sales>

Larry D'Loser lies again, and again, and again. Why so desperate?

"Windows 7 sales outshine Vista"
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10391484-75.html

"Windows 7 pre-orders grab Amazon's top sales spots"
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...op_sales_spots

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hdefg7$4uq$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <hd03j2$mr1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In message <hcbtp8$tj8$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> It isn't just Windows Client sales that have seen a sharp drop over the
>>> past year ...

>> Even more surprising to see that sales of Windows 7 preinstalled on PCs
>> are actually worse than those of Vista so far
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/05/windows_7_v_windows_vista_sales/>.

> Pent-up demand? What pent-up demand?
> <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1561773/windows-boosting-pc-sales>

Netbooks continue to be the only part of the PC hardware business still
seeing growth, and what growth: <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=27383>.

This is what’s killing Microsoft’s margins.