Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Live Mail problem

Windows Live Mail problem

*BUSY*

OS: Windows 7RC 64bit build 7100

WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)

WLM is the only WL program installed from the WL suite.

Problem: WLM opens and cannot be moved/used for a period of about 40 seconds
("busy" rotating arrow). Then a box opens that states: "Contacts failed to
load. WLM is incorrectly configured. Please reinstall." Another box that
opened states: "Sorry, something unexpected happened and WLM must close.
Your most recent changes may not be saved."

I have no contacts as of yet.

I have tried renaming the WLM contacts folder based on information gathered
from the internet and it works one time to open WLM but after closing WLM or
rebooting the same problem persists until I rename the new contacts folder.

I have twice used the repair option using the WLM uninstaller and
reinstalled it once . Each time WLM will work once then revert back to the
problem in question.

I want to save my e-mails. I delete them from the server once downloaded. I
think I am going to have to delete everthing the uninstaller leaves behind
including registry entries, temp files etc..., reboot and reinstall. System
restore is not an option for me. Windows 7 is useless to me without a
working, reliable e-mail client.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4541 (20091025) __________

http://www.eset.com

Kue2

Again cannot reproduce.
Using the WIN 7 PRO RTM. & WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726).

"*BUSY*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OS: Windows 7RC 64bit build 7100
>
> WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)
>
> WLM is the only WL program installed from the WL suite.
>
> Problem: WLM opens and cannot be moved/used for a period of about 40
> seconds ("busy" rotating arrow). Then a box opens that states: "Contacts
> failed to load. WLM is incorrectly configured. Please reinstall." Another
> box that opened states: "Sorry, something unexpected happened and WLM
> must close. Your most recent changes may not be saved."
>
> I have no contacts as of yet.
>
> I have tried renaming the WLM contacts folder based on information
> gathered from the internet and it works one time to open WLM but after
> closing WLM or rebooting the same problem persists until I rename the new
> contacts folder.
>
> I have twice used the repair option using the WLM uninstaller and
> reinstalled it once . Each time WLM will work once then revert back to the
> problem in question.
>
> I want to save my e-mails. I delete them from the server once downloaded.
> I think I am going to have to delete everthing the uninstaller leaves
> behind including registry entries, temp files etc..., reboot and
> reinstall. System restore is not an option for me. Windows 7 is useless to
> me without a working, reliable e-mail client.

> signature database 4541 (20091025) __________

> http://www.eset.com

skinnymouse skinnymouse is offline
Junior Member

Have you tried replacing the Contacts Store?

> Follow this procedure to replace your Contacts Store for WLMail (and WLMessenger):
>
> 1. Close WLMail, WLMessenger, and other Windows Live applications.
>
> 2. Rename the 'Windows Live Contacts' folder* (by adding "(old)" to it) in the following location:
>
> Vista & 7:
> C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
>
> XP:
> C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
>
> The Contacts Stores will be replaced when you next restart WLMail, and your Windows Live Contacts will be downloaded and synchronised when you sign into Windows Live with your Windows Live ID.
>
> If you are using the Default (non-live) Contacts Store, you will need to re-import your contacts.
THIS WORKED FOR ME PERFECTLY!