Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 help

Windows 7 help

spock

Hello All
From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so, is
windows 7 the same?

Thanks Lee

Dominic Payer

Yes.
But you can only have a trial of the version the disk is for.

On 27/10/2009 05:28, spock wrote:
> Hello All
> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so, is
> windows 7 the same?
>
> Thanks Lee

Carlos

You can install it without a key and then you will have a 30 day period until
activation becomes imperative.
Carlos

"spock" wrote:

> Hello All
> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so, is
> windows 7 the same?
>
> Thanks Lee
>

> .

Bobby Johnson

You can do this with a Full version of Win 7, but not an Upgrade version.

spock wrote:
> Hello All
> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so, is
> windows 7 the same?
>
> Thanks Lee

Carlos

Bobby,
Sure
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/1...nk-hard-drive/

Carlos

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> You can do this with a Full version of Win 7, but not an Upgrade version.
>

> spock wrote:
> > Hello All
> > From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so, is
> > windows 7 the same?
> >
> > Thanks Lee
> >

> .

David B.

Not correct

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23w0b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can do this with a Full version of Win 7, but not an Upgrade version.
>

> spock wrote:
>> Hello All
>> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for
>> 60 days or so, is windows 7 the same?
>>
>> Thanks Lee

David B.

Unless of course you use the well documented feature to reset the grace
period.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can install it without a key and then you will have a 30 day period
> until
> activation becomes imperative.
> Carlos
>
> "spock" wrote:
>
>> Hello All
>> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for
>> 60 days or so, is
>> windows 7 the same?
>>
>> Thanks Lee
>>

>> .

Carlos

The "rearm trick" is still functional, that's correct.
Carlos

"David B." wrote:

> Unless of course you use the well documented feature to reset the grace
> period.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You can install it without a key and then you will have a 30 day period
> > until
> > activation becomes imperative.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "spock" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello All
> >> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for
> >> 60 days or so, is
> >> windows 7 the same?
> >>
> >> Thanks Lee
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

spock

Thanks to those replied, however I tried to install it but but I keep getting the bsod
something about parirty error.
The seems screwy I have xp x64 installed on another drive and that does not give me any
problems, I even changed out the ram
no difference could it be just the drive, the installtion got to the stage where it boots
from the hard drive then it fell over withh bsod.

Any ideas?

"spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All
> From memory you could install vista without a product key and use it for 60 days or so,
> is windows 7 the same?