Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > NEED HELP W/ WIRELESS !!

NEED HELP W/ WIRELESS !!

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpY2EgSg==?=

I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS !!!!!!!!!
-WANT TO SET UP WIRELESS W/ CABLE MODEM- HP LAPTOP / WINDOWS XP HOME
-HAVE LINKSYS WPC54G NOTEBOOK ADAPTER AND ROUTER WRT54G
-INSTALLED BOTH, ROUTER FIRST, THEN CD FOR NTBK, THEN NTBK ADAPTER ITSELF...
SLOW TO WORK, CONNECTED...I TURNED THE LAPTOP OFF AND REBOOTED, IT WOULDNT
CONNECT WIRELESSLY... CRASH COURSED THROUGH INSTALLING/UNINSTALLING THE
SOFTWARE FOR THE NTBK ADAPTER, TRYING TO LET WINDOWS DETECT THE ADAPTER ...
STILL IS NOT WORKING. NTBK ADAPTER SEES THE WIRELESS NETWORK BUT IS UNABLE TO
CONNECT.
I THOUGHT LINKSYS WOULD BE BETTER/ HAD ATTEMPTED THE SAME DEAL W/ MOTOROLA
WIRELESS PRODUCTS W/O LUCK. I CALLED LINKSYS SUPPORT, AND I WENT THROUGH
UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE... THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT.

Dave

its because your keyboard caps lock is stuck.

"Erica J" <Erica http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS !!!!!!!!!
> -WANT TO SET UP WIRELESS W/ CABLE MODEM- HP LAPTOP / WINDOWS XP HOME
> -HAVE LINKSYS WPC54G NOTEBOOK ADAPTER AND ROUTER WRT54G
> -INSTALLED BOTH, ROUTER FIRST, THEN CD FOR NTBK, THEN NTBK ADAPTER
> ITSELF...
> SLOW TO WORK, CONNECTED...I TURNED THE LAPTOP OFF AND REBOOTED, IT WOULDNT
> CONNECT WIRELESSLY... CRASH COURSED THROUGH INSTALLING/UNINSTALLING THE
> SOFTWARE FOR THE NTBK ADAPTER, TRYING TO LET WINDOWS DETECT THE ADAPTER
> STILL IS NOT WORKING. NTBK ADAPTER SEES THE WIRELESS NETWORK BUT IS UNABLE
> CONNECT.
> I THOUGHT LINKSYS WOULD BE BETTER/ HAD ATTEMPTED THE SAME DEAL W/ MOTOROLA
> WIRELESS PRODUCTS W/O LUCK. I CALLED LINKSYS SUPPORT, AND I WENT THROUGH
> UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE... THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT.

FedUp

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:27:02 -0700, Erica J wrote:

> I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS !!!!!!!!!
> -WANT TO SET UP WIRELESS W/ CABLE MODEM- HP LAPTOP / WINDOWS XP HOME
> -HAVE LINKSYS WPC54G NOTEBOOK ADAPTER AND ROUTER WRT54G
> -INSTALLED BOTH, ROUTER FIRST, THEN CD FOR NTBK, THEN NTBK ADAPTER ITSELF...
> SLOW TO WORK, CONNECTED...I TURNED THE LAPTOP OFF AND REBOOTED, IT WOULDNT
> CONNECT WIRELESSLY... CRASH COURSED THROUGH INSTALLING/UNINSTALLING THE
> SOFTWARE FOR THE NTBK ADAPTER, TRYING TO LET WINDOWS DETECT THE ADAPTER ...
> STILL IS NOT WORKING. NTBK ADAPTER SEES THE WIRELESS NETWORK BUT IS UNABLE TO
> CONNECT.
> I THOUGHT LINKSYS WOULD BE BETTER/ HAD ATTEMPTED THE SAME DEAL W/ MOTOROLA
> WIRELESS PRODUCTS W/O LUCK.

There is a hint in the above sentence. If you tried multiple devices from
reputable manufacturers, and it does not work, the problem is you. Read the
manual and the windows help files. Search Google for wireless network
howtos. There are many good tutorials that will result from a Google
search.

>I CALLED LINKSYS SUPPORT, AND I WENT THROUGH
> UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE... THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT.

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire
Jack (MVP-Networking).
P.S. Typing all Capitals is considered SHOUTING, you would not get too many

news:(E-Mail Removed)...