Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Office 2003 & 2007

Office 2003 & 2007

mac

Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?

How about Money 7?

I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already use
these programs...

mac

Charlie Russel - MVP

Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine. I don't know any reason
Money wouldn't, but I've never run it. If it won't, and your computer
supports hardware virtualization, run Money in XPMode.

--
Charlie.
http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"mac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
>
> How about Money 7?
>
> I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
> use these programs...
>
> mac

Jeff Gaines

On 25/10/2009 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> mac wrote:

>Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
>
>How about Money 7?
>
>I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
>use these programs...
>
>mac

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

John Barnes

The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.

"mac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
>
> How about Money 7?
>
> I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
> use these programs...
>
> mac

Tom Ferguson

I have not tested it with Windows 7 yet; however, every version of Office
ever released would install simultaneously on Windows Vista 64 if you
installed them in order of their release to a separate directory and only
installed one version of Outlook. I do not anticipate any problem installing
any past version of Office, with no other version being installed, on
Windows 7 whether 32 or 64.

There might well be a problem installing the forthcoming Office 2010 64 bit
version if there is any component of any earlier version (by necessity, a 32
bit version) installed. No doubt that information is available somewhere but
I have not seen it.

But, Office 2000 on Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit, I doubt is there are any
problems. However, you are wise to exercise caution and due diligence.

Tom

"Van Chocstraw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> mac wrote:
>>
>> Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
>>
>> How about Money 7?
>>
>> I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
>> use these programs...
>>
>> mac

> How about Office 2000?

Jeff Gaines

On 25/10/2009 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Tom
Ferguson wrote:

>I have not tested it with Windows 7 yet; however, every version of Office
>ever released would install simultaneously on Windows Vista 64 if you
>installed them in order of their release to a separate directory and only
>installed one version of Outlook. I do not anticipate any problem
>installing any past version of Office, with no other version being
>installed, on Windows 7 whether 32 or 64.

SP2 for Office 97 won't install on Vista because it tries to replace a
system font, perhaps Marlett - can't remember now.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

Tom Ferguson

Thanks for the cautionary "heads up". Possibly the difficulty has little
practical fallout now. I might have a look at it early next week just "out
of curiosity".

Tom

"Jeff Gaines" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 25/10/2009 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Tom
> Ferguson wrote:
>
>>I have not tested it with Windows 7 yet; however, every version of Office
>>ever released would install simultaneously on Windows Vista 64 if you
>>installed them in order of their release to a separate directory and only
>>installed one version of Outlook. I do not anticipate any problem
>>installing any past version of Office, with no other version being
>>installed, on Windows 7 whether 32 or 64.

> SP2 for Office 97 won't install on Vista because it tries to replace a
> system font, perhaps Marlett - can't remember now.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

Gary Mount

I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and did
not install those.
Also don't forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan.
I was not able to install the service packs however.

"Van Chocstraw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> mac wrote:
>>
>> Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
>>
>> How about Money 7?
>>
>> I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
>> use these programs...
>>
>> mac

> How about Office 2000?

Joao Bitente Neto

How made you this installation?

Jeff Gaines wrote:

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
25-Oct-09

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:21 AM
mac wrote:

Office 2003 & 2007
Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?

How about Money 7?

I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already use
these programs...

mac

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:33 AM
Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine.
Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine. I do not know any reason
Money would not, but I have never run it. If it will not, and your computer
supports hardware virtualization, run Money in XPMode.

--
Charlie.
http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 4:37 AM
Jeff Gaines wrote:

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:45 AM
Van Chocstraw wrote:

mac wrote:How about Office 2000?
mac wrote:

How about Office 2000?

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:52 AM
John Barnes wrote:

The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.
The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:10 PM
Tom Ferguson wrote:

[...]

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:50 PM
Jeff Gaines wrote:

Ferguson wrote:SP2 for Office 97 will not install on Vista because it tries to
Ferguson wrote:

SP2 for Office 97 will not install on Vista because it tries to replace a
system font, perhaps Marlett - cannot remember now.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
This is as bad as it can get, but do not bet on it

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:16 PM
Tom Ferguson wrote:

Thanks for the cautionary "heads up".
Thanks for the cautionary "heads up". Possibly the difficulty has little
practical fallout now. I might have a look at it early next week just "out
of curiosity".

Tom

On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:23 AM
Gary Mount wrote:

I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and did
not install those.
Also do not forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan.
I was not able to install the service packs however.

Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rk-40-and.aspx

Joao Bitente Neto

How made you this installation?

(E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Gaines wrote:

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
25-Oct-09

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine

-
Jeff Gaines Dorset U
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:21 AM

Office 2003 & 2007

Gary Mount wrote:

I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit
I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and di
not install those
Also do not forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan
I was not able to install the service packs however.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:46 PM
Joao Bitente Neto wrote:

I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
How made you this installation?

(E-Mail Removed)

LINQ With Strings
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...h-strings.aspx