Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows 7

Windows 7

David Wells

Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

JD

David Wells wrote:
> Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

did a quick serch of the news groups from my provider, there seems to be
two win7 groups but ones french and the others german.

JD

David Wells

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"David Wells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

>alt.windows7.general
>
>No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
>it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
>people who know a lot and are willing to help.

So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
groups no help will try again
Thanks

Steve Meyerson

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:29:00 -0700, David Wells <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"David Wells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

>>alt.windows7.general
>>
>>No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
>>it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
>>people who know a lot and are willing to help.

>So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
>groups no help will try again
>Thanks

David,
If your provider is Verizon, they dropped alt.. groups (and some other
groups) a while ago. Their rationale was there was porn on some of
these groups. Tsk tsk. I dropped Verizon internet when my contract
expired, so I don't know if they reinstated the groups.

There are some low cost (free?) newsgroup providers out there, so you
could subscribe to one of them and still keep your internet provider
if desired.

Perhaps someone here can reccommend a newsgroup service.

HTH

Steve

David Wells

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:53:27 -0400, Steve Meyerson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:29:00 -0700, David Wells <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>"David Wells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>
>>>alt.windows7.general
>>>
>>>No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
>>>it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
>>>people who know a lot and are willing to help.

>>So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
>>groups no help will try again
>>Thanks

>David,
>If your provider is Verizon, they dropped alt.. groups (and some other
>groups) a while ago. Their rationale was there was porn on some of
>these groups. Tsk tsk. I dropped Verizon internet when my contract
>expired, so I don't know if they reinstated the groups.
>
>There are some low cost (free?) newsgroup providers out there, so you
>could subscribe to one of them and still keep your internet provider
>if desired.
>
>Perhaps someone here can reccommend a newsgroup service.
>
>HTH
>
>Steve

Hi I am with Shaw here in BC and I know they contracted out there news
service to some other third party . This one does carry the alt groups