Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Webmatrix

Webmatrix

cory

Hi,
I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult to
get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations on my
laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with this?

Thanks.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

WebMatrix has a built-in web server that should function well for
presentations.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"cory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:SY_Lb.3020$wf1.688@edtnps89...
> Hi,
> I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult to
> get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations on

my
> laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with this?
>
> Thanks.

cory

I wasnt sure if I had to use IIS or not. I have not been able to test out
the Webmatrix server but I was thinking it should be fine.....thanks for
confirming.

Cory

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WebMatrix has a built-in web server that should function well for
> presentations.
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
> Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com
>

> "cory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> > I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult

> > get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations

on
> my
> > laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with

this?

> > Thanks.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You can even install the web server without installing web matrix - its
called Cassini and can be downloaded on its own

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

> I wasnt sure if I had to use IIS or not. I have not been able to test out
> the Webmatrix server but I was thinking it should be fine.....thanks for
> confirming.
>
> Cory
>
> "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > WebMatrix has a built-in web server that should function well for
> > presentations.
> >
> > --
> > I hope this helps,
> > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> > http://Steve.Orr.net
> > Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com
> >

> > "cory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > > Hi,
> > > I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult

> > > get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations

> on
> > my
> > > laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with

> this?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Jos

cory wrote:
>> "cory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>> Hi,
>>> I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is
>>> difficult to get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on
>>> doing presentations on my laptop local to my hard drive. Will the
>>> Webmatrix server be ok with this?

The main restriction on the Webmatrix Cassini server is that it can only
show pages from localhost.
I guess that's ok for your presentation.

--

Jos

Anto Jasprica

cory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult to
> get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations on my
> laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with this?

> Thanks.

What cen be done with webmatrix?

--
Hail to you champion.