Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Connection Pool Error

Connection Pool Error

Brian

Hello,

I'm having a recurring error whenever I try to debug a
asp.net web page is retrieving data from a SQL server.
The error msg is:

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
max pool size was reached."

Any ideas?

Hermit Dave

by default asp.net uses pooling on connection object and a pool of 25
objects is maintained.
i would advise you to check for open connections....
any errors during db call not handled (and explicitly calling con.close() )
would not release the connection to the pool

if you are releasing all objects and are still running out cause of the
heavy load... try specifying the pool size in connection string...

--
Regards,

HD

news:00d601c3d7ba$8bef23a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a recurring error whenever I try to debug a
> asp.net web page is retrieving data from a SQL server.
> The error msg is:
>
> "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
> obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
> occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
> max pool size was reached."
>
> Any ideas?

Hermit Dave

sorry