Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Permanently Hiding the "Wireless No Connection" Icon in System Tra

Permanently Hiding the "Wireless No Connection" Icon in System Tra

Help_needed

I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is not
connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without disabling? I have
been searching the web for this answer and seems no one has a solution. Can
anyone help me?

John Wunderlich

=?Utf-8?B?SGVscF9uZWVkZWQ=?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is
> not connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without
> disabling? I have been searching the web for this answer and
> seems no one has a solution. Can anyone help me?

Right-click "start" then Properties -> "Taskbar" tab ->
Make sure "Hide inactive icons" is checked, then click "Customize"
Find the item you want to hide, click in "Behavior" column and select
"Always hide"

HTH,
John

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
There are different ways to deal with it in different in OS'. Which one
you have?
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Help_needed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is not
> connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without disabling? I
> have
> been searching the web for this answer and seems no one has a solution.
> Can
> anyone help me?

Help_needed

I have XP, I also tried below steps and it didn't work, the "Wireless No
Connection" icon always end up coming back.