Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Tom Orle

Hi all,

I just started messing with my copy of Win 7 and am glad to have found
this newsgroup.

I attended an MS product intro presentation for Win 7 for IT
developers or professionals(*) on Sept 28 here in Atlanta.
It's still beeing held in several cities in the US in case you're
interested.
At the end of sitting thru the 4- 5hr presentations ythey give you a
free copy of Win 7 Ultimate. But the DVD only has the 32 bit version
on it. However we were told that we could download the 64 bit version
for free using the product key that came with theDVD. Problem is that
we haven't told us where to download it from - no MS site seems to
know about this deal. Anybody have any ideas??

If interested, you can sign up for the remaining presentations here:
http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/

If you do, go ask where to download the 64 bit version from

(*) BTW - they don't seem to take this 'for IT professionals' too
seriously! There were several folks here at the Atlanta presentation
that I doubt were developers or professionals - like 16 to 18 year old
kids who admitted to attending just to get their free $200+ copies of
Win 7.

-=tom=-

Norbert Fischer

Hi Tom,

try his Link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...?ITPID=wtcfeed

Tom Orle schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I just started messing with my copy of Win 7 and am glad to have found
> this newsgroup.
>
> I attended an MS product intro presentation for Win 7 for IT
> developers or professionals(*) on Sept 28 here in Atlanta.
> It's still beeing held in several cities in the US in case you're
> interested.
> At the end of sitting thru the 4- 5hr presentations ythey give you a
> free copy of Win 7 Ultimate. But the DVD only has the 32 bit version
> on it. However we were told that we could download the 64 bit version
> for free using the product key that came with theDVD. Problem is that
> we haven't told us where to download it from - no MS site seems to
> know about this deal. Anybody have any ideas??
>
> If interested, you can sign up for the remaining presentations here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/
>
> If you do, go ask where to download the 64 bit version from
>
> (*) BTW - they don't seem to take this 'for IT professionals' too
> seriously! There were several folks here at the Atlanta presentation
> that I doubt were developers or professionals - like 16 to 18 year old
> kids who admitted to attending just to get their free $200+ copies of
> Win 7.
>
> -=tom=-

Tom Orle

Hi Norbert,

>try his Link
>
>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...?ITPID=wtcfeed

Aha, you sent me to a 'trial' site - I guess that's why you added the
smiley

The DVDs we were given were for the full version.

-=tom=-