Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Don't forget to send your favorites!

Re: [SI] Don't forget to send your favorites!

Tim Conway

"Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4adf9fcd$0$12230$(E-Mail Removed) ster.com...
> Don't forget, this month's mandate, Due on the 25th, is "Your Favorite of
> the Month." Send us something you shot and tellus why you like it. Any
> subject matter is OK. Except porn. Put a brief description in the e-mail
> and I'll paste it into the description so we know why you like it. the
> gallery is here:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/your_favorite
>
> And please send the pix here:
>
> si dot moderator at yahoo dot com
>
> We look forward to your entries.
>
> PS: all I shoot this time of year is HS sports, so don't break my chops if
> all I submit are football pix.

Did you get my 3?
I didn't receive any replies.
Tim Conway

Robert Coe

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:40:52 -0400, "Tim Conway" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
:
: "Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:4adf9fcd$0$12230$(E-Mail Removed) ster.com...
: > Don't forget, this month's mandate, Due on the 25th, is "Your Favorite of
: > the Month." Send us something you shot and tellus why you like it. Any
: > subject matter is OK. Except porn. Put a brief description in the e-mail
: > and I'll paste it into the description so we know why you like it. the
: > gallery is here:
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/your_favorite
: >
: > And please send the pix here:
: >
: > si dot moderator at yahoo dot com
: >
: > We look forward to your entries.
: >
: > PS: all I shoot this time of year is HS sports, so don't break my chops if
: > all I submit are football pix.
: Did you get my 3?
: I didn't receive any replies.
: Tim Conway

And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
you receive the pix?

Bob

Robert Coe

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:07:37 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
:
: > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
: > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
: > you receive the pix?
:
: Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
: but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
: time.

Maybe that's it. Thanks for the tip.

Bob

Annika1980

On Oct 24, 11:07*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Robert Coe wrote:
> > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
> > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
> > you receive the pix?

> Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
> but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
> time.

I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.

Robert Coe

: wrote:
: > Robert Coe wrote:
: > > And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message) today: three
: > > from me and one from my wife. I got only one acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did
: > > you receive the pix?
: >
: > Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first mailing,
: > but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a short period of
: > time.
:
: I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.

Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent. I
suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.

Bob

Annika1980

On Oct 25, 11:30*am, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> :
> : I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
>
> Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent. I
> suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.

Four? Cheater!
The hardest part of this assignment for me was culling them down to
just three.
I'll post the rest of my Top-10 later.

Robert Coe

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:06:45 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
: On Oct 25, 11:30*am, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: > :
: > : I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
: >
: > Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I sent.
: > I suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.
: >
:
: Four? Cheater!
: The hardest part of this assignment for me was culling them down to
: just three.
: I'll post the rest of my Top-10 later.

wife's.

Bob

Robert Coe

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:18:29 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
:
: Robert Coe wrote:
: > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:48:35 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
: > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >> On Oct 24, 11:07 am, Alan Browne
: >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >>> Robert Coe wrote:
: >>>> And I sent you (Bowser) four messages (one picture per message)
: >>>> today: three from me and one from my wife. I got only one
: >>>> acknowledgement. Is that OK? Did you receive the pix?
: >>>
: >>> Sometimes gmail and yahoo mail generate a receipt for a first
: >>> mailing, but not for subsequent mailings to the same address in a
: >>> short period of time.
: >>
: >> I also sent in my 3, but only got one response.
: >
: > Bowser has since reported that he received all four of the ones I
: > sent. I suspect that Alan's explanation is the correct one.
: >
: > Bob
:
: Was that a spontaneous report, or did you solicit it?

I asked, after receiving only one response to four separate messages.

Bob