Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: netbook repair

Re: netbook repair

baron

DJH Inscribed thus:

> I slopped half a cup of coffee (with sugar) over my Advent 4489. It
> didn't all go directly over it but it splashed it. I dried it out and
> the processor etc works ok but most of the keys on the keyboard aren't
> working. It's only 6 months old but of course I can't find the receipt
> etc for it now . What's the likelihood of it being repaired at a
> reasonable cost (i.e. under 100 quid - I'm in the UK) or is it scrap?

PC world may condescend to supply you with a new keyboard ! Its more
likely that they will either want an arm and both legs to repair it for
you. You may be better off finding out who the real manufacturer is
and buying a spare that way. They are quite straight forward to
replace.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.