Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > help with web app deployment

help with web app deployment

Bob D

I wrote a asp.net application that has msde at the
backend. In the web.config I have a connection string
under appsettings whose value is specific to my machine.
When I create the window installer using vs.net, I can't
figure out how I can prompt the user to edit the
web.config with his/her machine specific connection
string. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the
help!

Felix Wang

You can use the "." character or "(local)" to refer to the local server in
the connection string

--
Regards,

Felix Wang

"Bob D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:067d01c3d763$d46fd9a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wrote a asp.net application that has msde at the
> backend. In the web.config I have a connection string
> under appsettings whose value is specific to my machine.
> When I create the window installer using vs.net, I can't
> figure out how I can prompt the user to edit the
> web.config with his/her machine specific connection
> string. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the
> help!

Felix Wang

Also, a Walkthrough for your reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...stallation.asp