Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Hemant

Hi,
I am working on vb.net 2005.
When I type a url with .html extension it says
web page can not be displayed.
but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
what is the error?

thanks ,
hemant

Alexey Smirnov

On Oct 21, 12:33*pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on vb.net 2005.
> When I type a url with .html extension it says
> web page can not be displayed.
> but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
> both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
> what is the error?
>
> thanks ,
> hemant

Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet Explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...48(WS.10).aspx

or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...

Hope this would give you more details on error

Hemant

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message check
box.
I have also check the event log .
In event description there is a message :
The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
EnterpriseSession.Initiali().

and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService

what is the problem i am not getting yet.

thanks,

hemant

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Oct 21, 1:37*pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply,
> I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message check
> box.
> I have also check the event log .
> In event description there is a message :
> The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
> EnterpriseSession.Initiali().
>
> and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService
>
> what is the problem i am not getting yet.
>
> thanks,
>
> hemant
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Oct 21, 12:33 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am working on vb.net 2005.
> > When I type a url with .html extension it says
> > web page can not be displayed.
> > but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
> > both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
> > what is the error?

> > thanks ,
> > hemant

> Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet Explorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778248(WS.10).aspx
>
> or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...
>
> Hope this would give you more details on error

Is it a standard ASP.NET site on IIS, or it is a Microsoft Dynamics
application? All links about Business Framework refer to Dynamics

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&start=20&sa=N

Hemant

Hi,
thanks
It is standard asp.net application in vb.net 2005.
as i mention before.
thanks,
hemant
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Oct 21, 1:37 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply,
> I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message
> check
> box.
> I have also check the event log .
> In event description there is a message :
> The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
> EnterpriseSession.Initiali().
>
> and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService
>
> what is the problem i am not getting yet.
>
> thanks,
>
> hemant
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Oct 21, 12:33 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am working on vb.net 2005.
> > When I type a url with .html extension it says
> > web page can not be displayed.
> > but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
> > both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
> > what is the error?

> > thanks ,
> > hemant

> Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet
> Explorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778248(WS.10).aspx
>
> or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...
>
> Hope this would give you more details on error

Is it a standard ASP.NET site on IIS, or it is a Microsoft Dynamics
application? All links about Business Framework refer to Dynamics

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&start=20&sa=N

Hemant

Hi,
I am facing with the same problem .
as i type .html in the url it says the page can not be displayed and if i
type .aspx it is working fine.
but both pages are exists . it is a vb.net 2005 application.
thanks,
hemant
"Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> thanks
> It is standard asp.net application in vb.net 2005.
> as i mention before.
> thanks,
> hemant
> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Oct 21, 1:37 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Thanks for your reply,
>> I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message
>> check
>> box.
>> I have also check the event log .
>> In event description there is a message :
>> The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
>> EnterpriseSession.Initiali().
>>
>> and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService
>>
>> what is the problem i am not getting yet.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> hemant
>>
>> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Oct 21, 12:33 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I am working on vb.net 2005.
>> > When I type a url with .html extension it says
>> > web page can not be displayed.
>> > but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
>> > both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
>> > what is the error?

>> > thanks ,
>> > hemant

>> Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet
>> Explorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778248(WS.10).aspx
>>
>> or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...
>>
>> Hope this would give you more details on error

> Is it a standard ASP.NET site on IIS, or it is a Microsoft Dynamics
> application? All links about Business Framework refer to Dynamics
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&start=20&sa=N

George

try .htm and not .html
Just my lucky guess

George.

"Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am facing with the same problem .
> as i type .html in the url it says the page can not be displayed and if i
> type .aspx it is working fine.
> but both pages are exists . it is a vb.net 2005 application.
> thanks,
> hemant
> "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> thanks
>> It is standard asp.net application in vb.net 2005.
>> as i mention before.
>> thanks,
>> hemant
>> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Oct 21, 1:37 pm, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Thanks for your reply,
>>> I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message
>>> check
>>> box.
>>> I have also check the event log .
>>> In event description there is a message :
>>> The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
>>> EnterpriseSession.Initiali().
>>>
>>> and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService
>>>
>>> what is the problem i am not getting yet.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> hemant
>>>
>>> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet
>>> Explorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778248(WS.10).aspx
>>>
>>> or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...
>>>
>>> Hope this would give you more details on error

>> Is it a standard ASP.NET site on IIS, or it is a Microsoft Dynamics
>> application? All links about Business Framework refer to Dynamics
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&start=20&sa=N

Hemant

thanks George ,
If i wirte .htm it give me 404 error.
I am missing something else?
thanks ,
hemant
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Oct 23, 7:16*am, "Hemant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> thanks George ,
> If i wirte .htm it give me 404 error.
> I am missing something else?
> thanks ,
> hemant"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

To make .htm working you need to have an appropriate .htm file in the
directory of your website. If you don't have the file - create it and
test.

Hemant

I got where i am wrong.
here is detail:
I have change my iis 6.0 settings for custom url .
I have added .html extension to application configuraion and copy its
executable path same as .aspx extension
this all for SEO.
know my .aspx page is show in .html extension but the original page which
has .html extension shows the error that page can not be displayd .
i think i am missing some settings for iis 6.0
If i change the .html to .htm than all are working fine but whats wrong with
..html extension
please help me.

thanks,
hemant