Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Length of headphone extension cord

Re: Length of headphone extension cord

philo

> I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to another. I
> listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I simply
> have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony Bravia) and
> runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the move,
> I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the attic,
> and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an extension
> cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it matter at
> all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and leave
> me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser headphones right
> now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
volume control could easily compensate...

BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

Fred

news:hbir96$r60$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to
>> another. I
>> listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I
>> simply
>> have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony
>> Bravia) and
>> runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the
>> move,
>> I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the
>> attic,
>> and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an
>> extension
>> cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it
>> matter at
>> all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and
>> leave
>> me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser
>> headphones right
>> now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

> No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
> volume control could easily compensate...
>

> BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

And then what?

philo

Fred wrote:
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hbir96$r60$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to
>>> another. I
>>> listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I
>>> simply
>>> have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony
>>> Bravia) and
>>> runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the
>>> move,
>>> I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the
>>> attic,
>>> and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an
>>> extension
>>> cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it
>>> matter at
>>> all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and
>>> leave
>>> me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser
>>> headphones right
>>> now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

>> No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
>> volume control could easily compensate...
>>

>> BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

> And then what?

Oh yeah...I forgot to say: push <enter>