Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Firewall active?

Firewall active?

Don Culp

My security software (ESET Smart Security 4, 64 bit version) says that its
firewall is installed and active. Windows Security Center says that the
firewall is off (although it notes that it does not detect all firewalls).
Is there any independent way to determine if the firewall is active or not?

XP x64, SP2

Thanks,
Don Culp

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4522 (20091019) __________

http://www.eset.com

John Barnes

Personally I use this site to check a firewall
http://www.grc.com/intro.htm

news:uQtci#(E-Mail Removed)...