Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Checking a Number for Palindromic Behavior

Checking a Number for Palindromic Behavior

Benjamin Middaugh

Thanks to everyone who helped with my query on reversing integers. I
have one more simple problem I'm having trouble solving. I want to check
a number for palindromic behavior (reading the same backwards and
forwards). So if I have an integer 1457 it can tell me this is not the
same from both ends but 1551 is. I think the simplest way would be to
work inwards from both ends checking digits for equality, but I don't
know enough (yet) to do this.

All help is much appreciated.

Benjamin