Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Wow.. What year is it again?

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Wow.. What year is it again?

 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2009
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:29:06 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/...rracial_rebuff
>
> "Keith Bardwell, a white justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish in
> the southeastern part of the state, refused to issue a marriage
> license earlier this month to Beth Humphrey, who is white, and Terence
> McKay, who is black."
> ...
> "Bardwell has said he always asks if a couple is interracial and, if
> they are, refers them to another justice of the peace. Bardwell said
> no one had complained in the past and he doesn't marry the couples
> because he's worried about their children's futures."
>
> Wow..
>
> And from another article:
>
> "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,"
> Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and
> piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use
> my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
>
> THEY USE MY BATHROOM?
>
> WTF?
>
> Maybe there's hope for a career for RtS..


Would it be so shocking if the numbers on mixed marriages for the state
were to be known?
Seems to me like none of the other couples had any qualms about going to a
Justice who wasn't so pigheaded.

Does state law mandate the justice MUST issue a license regardless?
And why is the ACLU so upset? Specially when other justices would issue the
license just the same.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
lost
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2009
then we can marry animals ?.....alot of people love them more than their
spouses


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2009
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:26:01 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:55:02 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Does state law mandate the justice MUST issue a license regardless?

>
> You didn't seriously ask that did you?
>
>>And why is the ACLU so upset? Specially when other justices would issue the
>>license just the same.

>
> HUH?
>
> Wow... I don't even know where to begin.


http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/lou...age/index.html

Apparently a Justice in La may not deny a license in this case.
As the Governor is calling for the termination of the pighead's employment.

And I also have no doubt that there are black JOP's in La.
 
Reply With Quote
 
gangle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2009
"lost" wrote
> then we can marry animals ?.....alot of people love them more than their > spouses


To whom are you replying, and about what?

Jesus H. Christ.


 
Reply With Quote
 
NotMe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2009

"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:16fj5ulm4u6xh$(E-Mail Removed).. .
: On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:26:01 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
:
: > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:55:02 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
: > wrote:
: >
: >>Does state law mandate the justice MUST issue a license regardless?
: >
: > You didn't seriously ask that did you?
: >
: >>And why is the ACLU so upset? Specially when other justices would issue
the
: >>license just the same.
: >
: > HUH?
: >
: > Wow... I don't even know where to begin.
:
: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/lou...age/index.html
:
: Apparently a Justice in La may not deny a license in this case.
: As the Governor is calling for the termination of the pighead's
employment.
:
: And I also have no doubt that there are black JOP's in La.

License is not issued by the JP. The JP can conduct the ceremony. In fact
under LA law any sitting judge can conduct a marriage and any retired judge
can be 're-enabled' with a written request.

It's been a while but any citizen can be temporally authorized to conduct a
marriage. Takes some paperwork and some small fees but even you can be
Marrin Sam for a day.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 year AAS degree (w/certs) vs. 4 year CIS degree smolderingwick Microsoft Certification 0 02-06-2011 04:44 PM
CrossFire: The Biggest Vaporware of the Year? Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-05-2005 02:03 PM
Week of year to full Year Otuatail HTML 4 12-08-2003 07:50 PM
getYear() returns correct year local, but wrong year online Veerle Javascript 2 08-20-2003 06:37 PM



Advertisments