Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: how to write a unicode string to a file ?

Re: how to write a unicode string to a file ?

Donn

On Friday 16 October 2009 01:59:43 Stephen Hansen wrote:

Just to say, thanks for that post. I am an old ascii dog and this notion of
encoding and decoding is taking such a loooong time to penetrate my thick
skull. Little snippets like your post are valuable insights. I have made a
gnote of it!

\d

Niklas Norrthon

On 16 Okt, 06:10, Donn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Friday 16 October 2009 01:59:43 Stephen Hansen wrote:
>
> Just to say, thanks for that post. I am an old ascii dog and this notion of
> encoding and decoding is taking such a loooong time to penetrate my thick
> skull. Little snippets like your post are valuable insights. I have made a
> gnote of it!
>
> \d

Here is a link to a page that explains unicode and encodings in a way
that made me think I understand some of it: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html

/Niklas Norrthon

Donn

On Friday 16 October 2009 13:08:38 Niklas Norrthon wrote:
> that made me think I understand

Lol, I know the feeling! I have read that page a few times, and I always
emerge thinking 'now I've got it'. Then a week passes...

\d