Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Router wanted

Router wanted

JayJay

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:17:12 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> Donchano wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
>>> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
>>> setup, and not too expensive would be great.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

>> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad797...ct/View/XH9949
>>
>> 4 port at $69.98

> Wont work.
> He's wanting a router that works on Telstra Clear CABLE. (not ADSL)
>
> I did what he's wanting to do three weeks ago, link two computers to
> allow internet access on Telstra Clear cabe.
>
> Got this one:
> D-Link DIS-300
> http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=D-L...30&submit.y=13
>
> Had it on special at the time, $99.00 (now $129.00)
> Could pay to shop around knowing DSE prices.

Price Spy has the lowest price at $58 but I'll go with Paradigm at
$73.

> I recomend it as a small basic home network router.
>
> Easy to set up and configure, when you read the manual, and online help
> screens and and saves you having to ask silly questions in newsgroups on
> how to turn things on and off...

I've read the manual and it seems easy enough to set up, thanks.

thingy

On Oct 16, 8:34*am, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
> setup, and not too expensive would be great.
>
> Cheers.

DSE do an own brand for $90 and a dlink for $200...

http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ac949...ct/View/XH9948

or the Xh1497

regards

thingy

On Oct 16, 10:49*am, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
> >Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
> >access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
> >setup, and not too expensive would be great.

> >Cheers.

> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad797...f3b06b6/Produc...
>
> 4 port at $69.98
>
> Or a whole bunch of choices on TradeMe:
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sear...rchType=0002-0....

The top one you show is a adsl modem, he has a CABLE modem, so he
needs a router behind that..

regards

thing

thingy

On Oct 16, 4:17*pm, Max Burke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Donchano wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > shouted from the highest rooftop:

> >> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
> >> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
> >> setup, and not too expensive would be great.

> >> Cheers.

> >http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad797...f3b06b6/Produc...

> > 4 port at $69.98

> Wont work.
> He's wanting a router that works on Telstra Clear CABLE. *(not ADSL)
>
> I did what he's wanting to do three weeks ago, link two computers to
> allow internet access on Telstra Clear cabe.
>
> Got this one:
> D-Link DIS-300http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=D-Link+ROuter+Dir-300&sessionid=4ad7...
>
> Had it on special at the time, $99.00 (now $129.00)
> Could pay to shop around knowing DSE prices.
>
> I recomend it as a small basic home network router.
>
> Easy to set up and configure, when you read the manual, and online help
> screens and and saves you having to ask silly questions in newsgroups on
> how to turn things on and off...
>
> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Replace the obvious with paradise.net to email me
> Found Imageshttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke

Interesting....Im looking for one for my dad and that didnt turn up
while looking on DSE....their N one did as did their own brand...

Ive shopped around a bit and the DSE price isnt that bad...

regards