Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Text always in the center of the screen

Text always in the center of the screen

salonowiec

Maybe it's simple: I want my small text to always stay in the center of the
page (specifically: it's a large picture and the text is the picture name),
no matter how I shift the picture.
Thank you...

dorayme

In article <hb7rqj$mph$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"salonowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want my small text to always stay in the center of the
> page (specifically: it's a large picture and the text is the picture name),
> no matter how I shift the picture.

What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
want the text to be independent of the picture?

--
dorayme

salonowiec

Uzytkownik "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <hb7rqj$mph$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
> height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
> want the text to be independent of the picture?
>
> --
> dorayme

In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
"Position: fixed"...
Thank you.

Travis Newbury

On Oct 16, 4:31*am, "salonowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
> "Position: fixed"...

This sounds like a future candidate for worst website...

rf

"salonowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hb9b0m$mvk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Uzytkownik "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <hb7rqj$mph$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>
>> What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
>> height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
>> want the text to be independent of the picture?
>>
>> --
>> dorayme

> In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
> "Position: fixed"...

No, you have not found the solution, not at all.

What if I change the width or height of my browser window? Have you tested
your "solution" while doing this?

SAZ

In article <hb9b0m$mvk$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

> Uzytkownik "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <hb7rqj$mph$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >
> > What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
> > height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
> > want the text to be independent of the picture?
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
> "Position: fixed"...
> Thank you.

Wrong solution. This will not work if you resize the browser.

For a down and dirty way:

<center>This text is centered</center>

But there are better alternatives using CSS and if you Googled, you
would know this:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&ie=UTF-8&rlz=
1T4IRFC_enUS344US344&q=how+to+center+text+in+a+web +page

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Travis Newbury <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 4:31*am, "salonowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
> > "Position: fixed"...

> This sounds like a future candidate for worst website...

There is healthy cynicism and there is ... you, my dear Travis! <g>

--
dorayme