Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Please help - Client/Server communication with VB.Net/ASP

Please help - Client/Server communication with VB.Net/ASP

John Howard

I am writing my first VB.Net ASP application and would like to set up
another computer for testing.

On the "host" computer I have installed IIS and used VB.Net to create an
HTML member in the c:\ root directory called Index.htm. This module is a
simple "Hello World" HTML file. This machine is connected to the internet
and has a static IP address.

On the "Client" computer I enter the IP address of the host (with or without
"\Index.htm") on the Address line of IE6 and press enter.

I should then see my "Hello World" file, right? Well, I get "This page
cannot be displayed". What am I missing????

Thanks in advance,
John

Felix Wang

Hi John,

I think you should put the Index.htm under wwwroot folder. By default, it is
the "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" folder.

--
Regards,

Felix Wang