Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ask help for a proble with invalid syntax

Reply
Thread Tools

ask help for a proble with invalid syntax

 
 
leo zhao
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2009
I try to a run a python numpy programe, however the python can't run
this program.
my python version is 2.6.2 , numpy version is 1.3.0, however, the
program can run in previous numpy version(1.2.0), who can help me to
solve the problem, I will deeply appreciate!
the program is below:



import sys
import os
from datetime import *
from random import *
from numpy import *
import py4cs.multipleloop as mp


class ConsProd(object):
total_production =[0.0,0.0,0.0]
tech = 1.0
goods =['z','x','y']
def __init__(seld,identifier):
self.identifier = identifier
self.demand_veector = array([0.0,0.0]
if len(G.cps1) > number_of_1individuals:
self.make = ConsProd.goods[0]
self.tech = ConsProd.tech
self.gross_production = (self. tech*G.L,0.0,0.0)
ConsProd.total_production[0] += self.gross_production
[0]
G.cps1[self] = self.gross_production[0]
elif number_of_1individuals >= len(G.cps1) and len(G.cps2) <
number_of_2indibiduals:
self.make = ConsProd.goods[1]
self.tech = ConsProd.tech
self.gross_production = (0.0,self. tech*G.L,0.0)
ConsProd.total_production[1] += self.gross_production
[1]
G.cps2[self] = self.gross_production[0]
else:
self.make = ConsProd.goods[2]
self.tech = ConsProd.tech
self.gross_production = (0.0,0.0,self. tech*G.L)
ConsProd.total_production[2] += self.gross_production
[2]
G.cps3[self] = self.gross_production[2]

the hint is the small window at python:


syntax error:
There' an error in your program: invalid syntax.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robert Kern
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2009
On 2009-10-13 17:09 PM, leo zhao wrote:
> I try to a run a python numpy programe, however the python can't run
> this program.
> my python version is 2.6.2 , numpy version is 1.3.0, however, the
> program can run in previous numpy version(1.2.0), who can help me to
> solve the problem, I will deeply appreciate!
> the program is below:


> the hint is the small window at python:
>
>
> syntax error:
> There' an error in your program: invalid syntax.


Always copy-and-paste the complete error message. Do not try to paraphrase or
retype the message.

Your problem is this line:

self.demand_veector = array([0.0,0.0]

It should be this:

self.demand_veector = array([0.0,0.0])

--
Robert Kern

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma
that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had
an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MRAB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2009
leo zhao wrote:
> I try to a run a python numpy programe, however the python can't run
> this program.
> my python version is 2.6.2 , numpy version is 1.3.0, however, the
> program can run in previous numpy version(1.2.0), who can help me to
> solve the problem, I will deeply appreciate!
> the program is below:
>
>
>
> import sys
> import os
> from datetime import *
> from random import *
> from numpy import *
> import py4cs.multipleloop as mp
>
>
> class ConsProd(object):
> total_production =[0.0,0.0,0.0]
> tech = 1.0
> goods =['z','x','y']
> def __init__(seld,identifier):
> self.identifier = identifier
> self.demand_veector = array([0.0,0.0]


Missing ")".

> if len(G.cps1) > number_of_1individuals:
> self.make = ConsProd.goods[0]
> self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> self.gross_production = (self. tech*G.L,0.0,0.0)
> ConsProd.total_production[0] += self.gross_production
> [0]
> G.cps1[self] = self.gross_production[0]
> elif number_of_1individuals >= len(G.cps1) and len(G.cps2) <
> number_of_2indibiduals:
> self.make = ConsProd.goods[1]
> self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> self.gross_production = (0.0,self. tech*G.L,0.0)
> ConsProd.total_production[1] += self.gross_production
> [1]
> G.cps2[self] = self.gross_production[0]
> else:
> self.make = ConsProd.goods[2]
> self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> self.gross_production = (0.0,0.0,self. tech*G.L)
> ConsProd.total_production[2] += self.gross_production
> [2]
> G.cps3[self] = self.gross_production[2]
>
> the hint is the small window at python:
>
>
> syntax error:
> There' an error in your program: invalid syntax.
>

There are also a number of spelling mistakes.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven D'Aprano
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2009
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:54:58 +0100, MRAB wrote:

>> syntax error:
>> There' an error in your program: invalid syntax.
>>

> There are also a number of spelling mistakes.


Shame on you MRAB, you'll letting down the fine old Internet tradition
that anytime you point out somebody else's spelling mistakes, you make
more, and worse, errors yourself

You should have written:

"There is also a number off speling mistekes."

Don't let it happen agian.


*wink*



--
Steven
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Machin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2009
On Oct 14, 9:09*am, leo zhao <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I *try to a run a python numpy programe, however the python can't run
> this program.
> my python version is 2.6.2 , numpy *version is 1.3.0, however, the
> program can run in previous numpy version(1.2.0), who can help me to
> solve the problem, I will deeply appreciate!
> the program is below:
>
> import sys
> import os
> from datetime import *
> from random import *
> from numpy import *


Possibly nothing to do with your immediate problem, but 'from amodule
import *' is not recommended ... just import the objects that you
need.


> import py4cs.multipleloop as mp
>
> class ConsProd(object):
> * * total_production =[0.0,0.0,0.0]
> * * tech = 1.0
> * * goods =['z','x','y']


Lists as class attributes? Are you sure that that's what you want?

> * * def __init__(seld,identifier):


Typo above: seld instead of self. This and other problems mentioned
below make it hard to believe this code runs with any version of
anything.

> * * * * self.identifier = identifier
> * * * * self.demand_veector = array([0.0,0.0]


veector or vector?

You are missing a ")" from the end of the above line. That should
cause a syntax error when it hits the ":" in the next line.

> * * * * if len(G.cps1) > number_of_1individuals:


G is not defined.
number_of_1individuals is not defined.

> * * * * * * * *self.make = ConsProd.goods[0]
> * * * * * * * *self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> * * * * * * * *self.gross_production = (self. tech*G.L,0.0,0.0)
> * * * * * * * *ConsProd.total_production[0] += self.gross_production
> [0]
> * * * * * * * *G.cps1[self] = self.gross_production[0]


self as a dictionary key?? Have supplied a __hash__ method for the
class?

> * * * * elif number_of_1individuals >= len(G.cps1) and len(G.cps2) <
> number_of_2indibiduals:


number_of_2indibiduals or number_of_2individuals?? In any case,
neither of these is defined.

> * * * * * * * *self.make = ConsProd.goods[1]
> * * * * * * * *self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> * * * * * * * *self.gross_production = (0.0,self. tech*G.L,0.0)
> * * * * * * * *ConsProd.total_production[1] += self.gross_production
> [1]
> * * * * * * * *G.cps2[self] = self.gross_production[0]
> * * * * else:
> * * * * * * * *self.make = ConsProd.goods[2]
> * * * * * * * *self.tech = ConsProd.tech
> * * * * * * * *self.gross_production = (0.0,0.0,self. tech*G.L)
> * * * * * * * *ConsProd.total_production[2] += self.gross_production
> [2]
> * * * * * * * *G.cps3[self] = self.gross_production[2]
>
> the hint is the small window at python:


What is "the small window at python"??

>
> syntax error:
> There' an error in your program: invalid syntax.


I doubt that that is an exact copy of the error message. You haven't
included a copy of the line where the syntax error is alleged to
occur. If you provide an exact copy of the error message etc that you
see on your screen (use copy/paste), we should be able to help you.

Note that if you have a Python syntax error, it is very unlikely that
it would "work" with one version of Numpy and not "work" with another
version -- unless of course you have changed the source code between
Numpy versions.

HTH,
John
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask for help translated into the new. NET Framework JAVASCRIT script syntax expansion qq2005 ASP .Net 0 02-27-2008 07:25 AM
proble on using visual studio John M ASP .Net 0 05-12-2005 09:48 AM
very strange proble with access queyr and parameter Andrew ASP .Net 2 09-03-2004 03:52 PM
Proble saving pictures from a web page. Linda Evbonaye MCSE 2 01-21-2004 02:36 PM
proble with web.config aa ASP .Net 1 12-23-2003 03:10 PM



Advertisments