Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Dell Inspirion 1525 wireless connection problem

Dell Inspirion 1525 wireless connection problem

igrac igrac is offline
Junior Member

Hello everybody,

I need help regarding to wireless connection on my Dell Inspirion 1525 laptop. I have Home network with router/AP Thomson SpeedTouch with one PC ( with LAN card ) and with two laptops ; one is Acer One and I use this laptop few months. Yesterday I bought new laptop Dell Inspirion 1525 with Windows XP and with all necesary drivers.
Problem occured when I try to conect my Dell to internet via router. I can not receive IP address by DHCP server and instead I receive Autoconfiguration address.
When I check ipconfig i see that DHCP is enabled. Other Acer laptop work normally and on that laptop I recieve DHCP IP address.

If somebody have any sugestion please help me,

Another question is ; Is it possible to conect and use internet without IP address assigned by DHCP ?

Best regards,

igrac