Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > scheduled emails asp.net framework 3.5

scheduled emails asp.net framework 3.5

David Claramunt Pou

Hello, I have a question:

In Microsoft Outlook, message options -> Delivery Options there is the
option "not deliver before:".

You can apply the same functionality with System.Net.Mail in Asp.Net
Framework 3.5?

That another possibility exists?

Thank you.

David Claramunt Pou

Yes Mark,

The problem is that the web application is hosted on a third-party server
and I will not be possible to install a windows sevice.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "David Claramunt Pou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> In Microsoft Outlook, message options -> Delivery Options there is the
>> option "not deliver before:".

> That's part of Outlook, nothing to do with .NET...
>

>> You can apply the same functionality with System.Net.Mail in ASP.NET
>> Framework 3.5?

> No.
>

>> That another possibility exists?

> You'll need to write your own wrapper round System.Net.Mail. I'd probably
> store the emails in a database along with the required delivery time and
> then write a Windows service to sniff the datatable, say, every minute...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net