Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Input redirection with IDLE

Input redirection with IDLE

candide

Hi

Does IDLE (the default GUI avalaible with the standard distribution)
support redirection from the standard input ? To be more precise, inside
a Windows or Linux shell I may redirect input data from a text file to
be executed by a python file. For instance suppose I have this python file

# foo.py
print int(raw_input())+int(raw_input())

and this data file

I may process the data in this way :

~$ python foo.py < data.txt

and the result is the following printing :

119

Is IDLE able to provide the same service ?