Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > help for idiot rip edit burn non copyright

help for idiot rip edit burn non copyright

internaughtfull

Hi,
I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I would like
to transfer portions of these dvds [not the whole disk] onto
my computer and edit them together, and reburn them onto a
dvd to watch on the tv. They have been recorded at different
bit rates [sp, esp, hp] .I'm totaly new at this and have run into
a slew of programs and am a bit lost. I dont mind just buying
a program as long as it works. Would something like nero 9 do what Im
suggesting? Thanks.

itchy

Archimedes' Lever

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I would like
>to transfer portions of these dvds [not the whole disk] onto
>my computer and edit them together, and reburn them onto a
>dvd to watch on the tv. They have been recorded at different
>bit rates [sp, esp, hp] .I'm totaly new at this and have run into
>a slew of programs and am a bit lost. I dont mind just buying
>a program as long as it works. Would something like nero 9 do what Im
>suggesting? Thanks.
>
>itchy

You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
need a ripping app. There are many, and there are many that are free.

You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
begin your edit sessions. As you compile the files you will want on a
disc, you can burn them just like regular files to your DVD. That is...
if you have a DVD player that can run AVI files or DIVX. That is what
you want to convert to if you have a player for it. If you want
universal playability, you will have to compile the disc as a DVD
authoring session where the files that end up on the disc are the same as
those you would see on a real DVD. Those choices happen after you rip
all the files to your PC.

internaughtfull

On Oct 11, 12:54*pm, Archimedes' Lever
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I[...]

> >itchy

> * You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
> need a ripping app. *There are many, and there are many that are free.
>
> * You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
> begin your edit sessions. [...]

Thanks, I looked and found several ripping programs. However, do you
or
anyone else know a rip program that allows you to only copy a part of
a dvd without having to put the whole thing on your computer? I think
that would save me a lot
of time. Definitely Nero 9 looks like a buy.

itchy

Archimedes' Lever

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:49:41 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Oct 11, 12:54*pm, Archimedes' Lever
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I[...]

>> >itchy

>> * You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
>> need a ripping app. *There are many, and there are many that are free.
>>
>> * You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
>> begin your edit sessions. [...]

>Thanks, I looked and found several ripping programs. However, do you
>or
>anyone else know a rip program that allows you to only copy a part of
>a dvd without having to put the whole thing on your computer? I think
>that would save me a lot
>of time. Definitely Nero 9 looks like a buy.
>
>itchy

If the DVDs are single session, you need to pop the whole file and edit
at the PC. If they are multi-session, you should be able to see the
individual sessions from a file manager and drag the ones you want.

Simmon