Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Question regarding Site Warning from Google

Re: Question regarding Site Warning from Google

richard

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:41:59 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> Here is another site upon which I'm receiving a Warning regarding
> malware http://i35.tinypic.com/4fj7n.jpg :-
>

> hxxp://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com/ (Obfuscated)
>

> I now appreciate that I'm getting the warning because I have set my
> browser (Safari) to recognise the trigger. I am led to believe that folk
> using Google Chrome also get the same warning (I'll try for myself shortly)
>
> Do others here, using different browsers, get this/any other form of
> warning if they visit the link above?
>
> Any comments welcomed (and try to avoid all the cussing and swearing!)

Using FF2 I visited the site directly and found nothing in the markup that
would be malicious.
I believe that comes from Googles algorithms and how they determine that
the site is malicious.
I've seen this happen with sites that use visual basic.

I know of at least one person, not myself, who has been considering suing
google for claiming his site is malicious.

Quite frankly, I'd like to see the FTC put a stop to this.
Ok they can like have an advisory statement about the site, but not prevent
a person from visiting it.

Oldus Fartus

richard wrote:

snipped

> Ok they can like have an advisory statement about the site, but not prevent
> a person from visiting it.

Something like being able to click for more information (which would
give the reason for the listing), and another link to go back to the
and ignore the warning.

Oh wait, that is exactly what happens now isn't it?

Little dicky "foot in mouth" strikes again.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus