Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Bear Grylls

Re: Bear Grylls

richard

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:08:05 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> Bear is a man who has always loved adventure. After breaking his back in
> three places in a parachuting accident, he fought his way to recovery,
> and two years later entered the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest
> Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged only 23. He has since led
> ground-breaking expeditions across the world.
>
> But for Bear, it is not just about pushing his limits. It¢s about
> overcoming challenges, and living your dreams. This belief, and Bear¢s
> gift for communication, have led him to become a world class
> motivational speaker, author and tv host.
>
> Bear's passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors are now shared and
> enjoyed through his TV programmes in over 150 different countries,
> reaching over one billion people worldwide.
>
> By combining his adventures with media work, Bear realised that he could
> also support and raise money for those causes closest to his heart.
> These have included charities that encourage young people to overcome
> some of life's biggest challenges, many different children's
> organisations, as well as the Armed Forces¢ charity SSAFA Forces Help,
> reflecting his own military service with the UK Special Forces, as part
> of 21 SAS.
>
> Ref: His web site, here: http://www.beargrylls.com/
>
> **
>
> Why do I mention him?
>
> Because he *stars* in the promotion here:- http://www.alpha.org/bear/
>
> Please watch it - it has *nothing* to do with computers!

His "survival" show isn't exactly all that real either.
Have you noticed he is perfectly clean shaven all day long every day?
After spending hours tramping through swamps, brush, mud, and what ever, he
suddenly sports immacuately clean clothes?
I don't know about you, but my clothes are always wet for hours after
jumping into a lake. And when that lake is surrounded by ice and snow,
that's gonna take the day for the clothes to dry out.
But Bear's? 10 minutes later he's got clean dry clothes on.

Since he's being followed by a camera crew, do you think those guys are
following every step he takes? I don't think so.

What about food? Off camera they probably have steak every night. While
small animals and bugs might give you some energy, it ain't gonna last you
all day. What he does on his tv show is show the techniques for survival.

Just how many people out there are ever gonna use that information in their
life time?

Stephen Wolstenholme

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:37:07 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Since he's being followed by a camera crew, do you think those guys are
>following every step he takes? I don't think so.

Just the fact that he has a camera crew casts some doubt about the
survival problems but how else could he appear on TV? I suppose he
could do it all alone and use a head mounted camera to show the
difficult situations.

Steve

Re: Bear Grylls §ñühw¤£f Computer Support 78 10-22-2009 02:36 PM
Re: Bear Grylls DAB Computer Support 7 10-15-2009 09:37 PM
Re: Bear Grylls Eagle Computer Support 15 10-15-2009 02:37 PM
Re: Bear Grylls G. Morgan Computer Support 1 10-14-2009 10:45 AM
Re: Bear Grylls John Dean Computer Support 1 10-11-2009 03:07 PM

Advertisments