Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Failed to load view state

Failed to load view state

VijayRama

Hi All,

Im using 2 grid views in a asp.net page. When click the edit option in
the 2 gridview it throws the below error

Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is
being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save
viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding
controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match
the type and position of the controls added during the initial
request.

Please help.

Thanx in Advance

Gregory A. Beamer

VijayRama <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:36fa4e4c-6ee0-46a0-8167-

> Im using 2 grid views in a asp.net page. When click the edit option in
> the 2 gridview it throws the below error
>
> Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is
> being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save
> viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding
> controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match
> the type and position of the controls added during the initial
> request.
>
> Please help.

Somehow you are corrupting or replacing viewstate. How you are doing
this, I am clueless, as there is not enough information.

One possibility is dynamically added controls.
Another is circumventing the postback mechanism.
Yet another is a failure ot have the correct viewstate setting on the
page.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Calendar problem - fail to load view state Fernando A. Gómez F. ASP .Net 0 06-10-2009 06:40 PM
view state mac failed Nalaka ASP .Net 4 07-12-2006 08:05 AM
QueryInterface for interface Excel._Application failed / QueryInterface for interface Word._Application failed SOLUTION Wildepiet ASP .Net 0 06-14-2004 07:28 AM

Advertisments