Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

G. Morgan

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:02:53 -0500, Rock Everest <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

Your version of XP probably is old and does not have SATA drivers. Go into
the BIOS and disable SATA mode. If there is no option for that, upgrade the
BIOS, then disable it. Then install XP, update it and when done you should be
able to go back into BIOS and re-enable SATA.

Or, get yourself a copy of XP w/ SATA drivers included (SP 2+ I think). You
can slipstream SP3 into the version you already have, but that's a different
topic.

chuckcar

G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:02:53 -0500, Rock Everest
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

> Your version of XP probably is old and does not have SATA drivers. Go
> into the BIOS and disable SATA mode. If there is no option for that,
> upgrade the BIOS, then disable it. Then install XP, update it and when
> done you should be able to go back into BIOS and re-enable SATA.
>
> Or, get yourself a copy of XP w/ SATA drivers included (SP 2+ I think).
> You can slipstream SP3 into the version you already have, but that's a
> different topic.

Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

G. Morgan

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

So what? It can still have XP on it, dumbass.

G. Morgan

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

Do some research before you type and you'll look a little less foolish.

The OP has a "HP Pavillion DV6000", lets assume it's a CTO (Custom to Order),
not that it matters.

Go to:
http://www.hp.com/#Support

Select "Download drivers and software (and firmware)"

And type or paste:

HP Pavillion DV6000

Look at the OS's that are supported:

Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Microsoft Windows 2000

Now, STFU. You are making a fool out of yourself (again).

Mara

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:36:32 -0500, G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

>So what? It can still have XP on it, dumbass.

I have an idea - ask him what 1+1 is. Maybe we (tinw) can have a few days
without him while he tries to figure it out.

--
Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean `eliminate'

Tony

I think Chuck has UBB on the brain syndrome on top of shellshock from the
FROGThrottle boxes.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

realm of understandability

Tony

Chuck is almost to the part where he tells Rock to take everything out of his
computer except one stick of RAM and the power supply. Of course we all know
except Chuck that Rock's computer will soon be nothing but a lead weight if he
follows Chuck's advice.

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

> Do some research before you type and you'll look a little less foolish.
>
> The OP has a "HP Pavillion DV6000", lets assume it's a CTO (Custom to Order),
> not that it matters.
>
> Go to:
> http://www.hp.com/#Support
>
> Select "Download drivers and software (and firmware)"
>
> And type or paste:
>
> HP Pavillion DV6000
>
> Look at the OS's that are supported:
>
> Microsoft Windows Vista
> Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
> Microsoft Windows XP
> Microsoft Windows XP x64
> Microsoft Windows 2000
>
> Now, STFU. You are making a fool out of yourself (again).

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

realm of understandability

G. Morgan

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:53:20 -0500, Mara <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have an idea - ask him what 1+1 is. Maybe we (tinw) can have a few days
>without him while he tries to figure it out.

He hasn't been back, I reckon he's still cipherin' that one.

G. Morgan

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:32:40 -0700, Evan Platt

>>He hasn't been back, I reckon he's still cipherin' that one.

>I wish. He's made a few posts today, and as usual, he's incorrect.

I must have trained mine eyes to avert his musings. Ah, all is normal. He
crawfished out of this thread when I presented him with the truth.