Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

chuckcar

Rock Everest <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello,
>
> I have this notebook HP Pavillion DV6000. The friend was trying to
> play a diablo game on it, but the game which was an older version
> would not work on Vista Home Premium.
>
> So I removed Vista, and tried to load Windows XP Pro.
> no dice!

No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

> So I
> then installed Vista Ultimate successfully for him. A few weeks later
> he informed that the game still wouldn't work with ultimate either.
>
> So I tried loading Windows 2000 Pro. That wouldn't load.
>

> Next I formatted the hard drive and fdisked it.
>
> Then I tried to install several different operating systems from
> DVD-ROM, but none of them would go either.
>
> I've used Hirons utility to set up the drive, but if I boot up, it
> just goes to a "C" drive and stops. There is nothing on it. When I try
> to them get it to install from the CD rome, it will run for a while
> and then crap out talking about drivers missing, or ntfs causing an
> error.
>
> What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

1. Install the original OS *with* the restore disks that came with the
computer having *only* the hardware that came from the factory for that
computer attached. Then check device manager. If you have *any* drivers
messed up, you didn't remove everything and you'll have to repeat.

2. deselecte *all* the junk from startup in msconfig and restart.

2. Try playing arround with windows compatibility mode. Diablo is a
windows 95 game, so that is *required* to make it work with anything more
cuurent than 98SE.

Here's how windows compatibility mode works:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927386

The compatibility website can be safely ignored - not much effort went
into it and it has programs listed that work but says they don't.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

G. Morgan

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:48:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
>brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

Nothing could be further from the truth. You really are a complete moron.

Tony

Yes he's still wrong and if you need drivers for windows xp or vista or any of
that sort of **** you just use the driver for the ethernet card then download
the 100,000 drivers for windows xp and vista dvd off of the internet. It saves
plenty of time for stupid people who bugger up everything when performing a
mediocre task.

Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:48:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
> >brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

> If chucktard makes a comment, and no one is around to hear it, is he
> still wrong?

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

Tony

Probably all that 50 degree below zero weather from that icebox land known as
Ottawa (Autowa-nker) short-circuited his brain.

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:48:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
> >brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

> Nothing could be further from the truth. You really are a complete moron.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

hwf

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tony wrote:
> Yes he's still wrong and if you need drivers for windows xp or vista or any
> of
> that sort of **** you just use the driver for the ethernet card then
> download
> the 100,000 drivers for windows xp and vista dvd off of the internet.

Uh huh. Thats how I got ****ed. Finally found a driver for the printer and it
put a boot sector virus on me xpbox.

>It
> saves
> plenty of time for stupid people who bugger up everything when performing a
> mediocre task.

Just using win-anything is a ginourmous security risk.

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/