Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Opera misses stylesheet?

Opera misses stylesheet?

Samuel van Laere

For some unknown reason Opera 10 failes to use and/or load my default CSS,
this happens both on Windows and Linux:
http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=default
My other stylesheets work fine:
http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=rechts
http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=zg
http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=txt
It seems Opera related only.

Any reason for this behavior?

cheers,
Samuel

C A Upsdell

Samuel van Laere wrote:
> For some unknown reason Opera 10 failes to use and/or load my default CSS,
> this happens both on Windows and Linux:
> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=default
> My other stylesheets work fine:
> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=rechts
> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=zg
> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=txt
> It seems Opera related only.
>
> Any reason for this behavior?

Maybe a character set problem? The CSS validator makes a complaint
about problematic codes at the very beginning of the CSS file.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Samuel van Laere wrote:

> For some unknown reason Opera 10 failes to use and/or load my default CSS,
> this happens both on Windows and Linux:
> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=default

http://oukjeweb.com/css/default.css

What is that extraneous character (looks like a pipe) in the first line
of default.css ?

A trip to:
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2 Foukjeweb.com%2Findex%3Fcss%3Ddefault>
would have shown you that.

--
-bts

Samuel van Laere

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:hajpb1$f60$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> What is that extraneous character (looks like a pipe) in the first line
> of default.css ?
>
> A trip to:
> <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2 Foukjeweb.com%2Findex%3Fcss%3Ddefault>
> would have shown you that.

Thanks Beauregard,

should have seen it indeed, I suppose it got to late for me
Reminds me to validate my stylesheets.

Cheers,
Sam

Samuel van Laere

"C A Upsdell" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:hajp8b$g6q$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Samuel van Laere wrote:
>> For some unknown reason Opera 10 failes to use and/or load my default
>> CSS, this happens both on Windows and Linux:
>> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=default
>> My other stylesheets work fine:
>> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=rechts
>> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=zg
>> http://oukjeweb.com/index?css=txt
>> It seems Opera related only.
>>
>> Any reason for this behavior?

> Maybe a character set problem? The CSS validator makes a complaint about
> problematic codes at the very beginning of the CSS file.

Indeed it was a character problem.
Next time I will validate my CSS before even asking here

cheers,
Sam