Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > You think it's bad here in the USA? Try this

You think it's bad here in the USA? Try this

chuckcar

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d0t81r0n32yp.e4hcjko6in6m$(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...t/index.html?e
> ref=igoogle_cnn
>

> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This
> man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced
> to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
> mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good
> time and getting a partner for private fun.
>
> In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
> shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.
>
> Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had an
> oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple of weeks
> and came home.
>
> I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher made
> mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As the only
> place an American woman would be acceptable as an American woman, is at
> the Aramco village.

And she'd probably be raped in the street otherwise. There's a reason for
such laws there - the men have absolutely no respect for women. Twisted
logic sure, but it's still true.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

"Falco" <falco@diilly-daally....invalid.com> wrote in
news:hailde$ja3$(E-Mail Removed):

> richard wrote:
>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...rt/index.html?
>> eref=igoogle_cnn

> But do they have as many robberies and murders as the USA does?

Worse actually. Back 40 years ago it *may* have been lower.

> Can women walk in their streets at any hour without fear of being mugged
> or raped?

Hell no.

> As for "freedom" in the USA, well that really is relative when you have
> to stay behind quadruple locked doors, sleep with a loaded gun - and
> when you do venture outside, keep looking over your shoulder for that
> potential rapist or mugger.

Yeah right. In the US you *need* a gun so someone else doesn't shoot you.

13th highest standard of living in the world. And it shows.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

§nühw¤£f

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile of
news:d0t81r0n32yp.e4hcjko6in6m$(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...braggart/index.
> html?eref=igoogle_cnn
>

> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex.
> This man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and
> was sentenced to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
> mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a
> good time and getting a partner for private fun.
>
> In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to
> do the shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if
> they had one.
>
> Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had
> an oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple
> of weeks and came home.
>
> I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher
> made mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As
> the only place an American woman would be acceptable as an
> American woman, is at the Aramco village.
>
> So count your blessings that you live and breathe in a country
> where freedom to do as you please is not governed by archaic laws
> so drastic as theirs.

Can you smoke hashish legally here ?
You pick your positives and negatives.
Is your country so rich that everyone has free health care and work
is optional?
Islamic law in afghanistan: not so good.
Islamic law in Arab Emirates: pretty good if you're a man.

chuckcar

"Köhlmann is aka 'Petey Toro' OLAY !" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> richard wrote:

>>> Hey Richard, did you know that the sun rises
>>> in the east?

>> Actually, the sun is a stationary object.
>> It neither rises nor falls.
>> Sunset and sunrise is caused by the earth's rotation as it revolves
>> around the sun.

> Something tells me you need to watch Nova every now and then, as you
> don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

And what exactly as incorrect about the above statement? The earth rotates
*and* it revolves around the sun.

> The whole Milky Way galaxy is on the move headed for a collision with
> the Andromeda galaxy, which Black Holes in each galaxy, the center of
> all galaxies, are moving towards each other. The Milky Way is going to
> be consumed by Andromeda a much bigger galaxy.

In several billion years and even if there are humans around then they'll
probably notice it no more than we notice Sag. A now.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

"Köhlmann is aka 'Petey Toro' OLAY !" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

>>> Something tells me you need to watch Nova every now and then, as you
>>> don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
>>>

>> And what exactly as incorrect about the above statement? The earth
>> rotates *and* it revolves around the sun.

> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_sun_moving
>

> If the galaxy is on the move how can the sun not be on the move?

Please. Not relative to the earth or the rest of the solar system. Aside from the
slight wobble caused by the mass of the planets. That *was* the point and you know it.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

G. Morgan

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:12:34 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Actually, the sun is a stationary object.

Wow.... You really are stupid.

Just in case you missed your pal K-man's post, I'll repost it for you.

"Good God, Bullis! Can you get any more stupid? The sun is orbiting around
the centre of the ****ing galaxy, being tugged up and down a bit by
massive stars, and the galaxy itself is in free fall within the universe,
and the universe is in free fall within the bulk.

You complete and utter ****ing goose, Bullis."

G. Morgan

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 07:08:11 -0700, Evan Platt

>>Please. Not relative to the earth or the rest of the solar system. Aside from the
>>slight wobble caused by the mass of the planets. That *was* the point and you know it.

>Backpedal chucktard, backpedal.

Down south we call it "crawfishing".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=219Y77DJV6U