Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Which SQLServer for 78-702?

Which SQLServer for 78-702?

Mark W

Hi,
The new exam 78-702 for SharePoint BI requires knowledge of SSRS and SSAS -
does it have to be using SQL2008? Or are the questions suitable for SQL2005
as well? I have systems and experience with SQL2005, so installing and
learning SQL2008 will take a lot more effort.
--
regs Mark

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Mark W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> The new exam 78-702 for SharePoint BI requires knowledge of SSRS and
> SSAS -
> does it have to be using SQL2008? Or are the questions suitable for
> SQL2005
> as well? I have systems and experience with SQL2005, so installing and
> learning SQL2008 will take a lot more effort.

Actually installing and learning SQL2008 should take only a nominal amount
of effort if you do have expertise with SQL2005. Refer to the "New Features"
section of the SQL2008 product documentation, which mostly revolve around
*development* features and SSRS. (SSRS2008 is a major jump in capability
from SSRS2005.)

Either way, I doubt that the Sharepoint BI exam is going to be specific to
either database platform, but given that MOSS2007 was originally designed
for installation on SQL Server 2005, and is still supported on that database
server, it's highly unlikely that the exam will contain any SQL2008-specific
questions.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

jgohil jgohil is offline
Junior Member
Location: London

Hi Mark,

Not sure if you have sat for your Exam 78-702 as I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Exam 78-702 will test you on SQL Server 2008. Does anyone know if Microosft is going to come up with another BI exam when SharePoint 2010 is released later this year?

Thanks