Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Thanks DSE

Thanks DSE

Donchano

Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
purchased at DSE.

Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.

Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.

I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
way the whole things was handled by DSE.

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in <news:(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
> was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
> purchased at DSE.
>
> Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
> neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
> problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
>
> Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
> and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
>
> I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
> then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
> way the whole things was handled by DSE.

It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

--
- Nicolaas

Rhino

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
products/services.

Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.

Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick.

Cheers, Rhino

Mary Hanna

wrote:

>Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
>was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
>purchased at DSE.
>
>Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
>neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
>problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
>
>Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
>and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
>
>I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
>then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
>way the whole things was handled by DSE.

Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
think if it was 18months later..?

Mary Hanna

wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote in <news:(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
>> was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
>> purchased at DSE.
>>
>> Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
>> neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
>> problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
>>
>> Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
>> and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
>>
>> I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
>> then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
>> way the whole things was handled by DSE.

>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

It was not me that took this mouse back, I got involved when they stated it
only had a 1 year warrantee, but I thought that was sorted out as I mentioned
the Logitech 3 year warrantee, they stated that they would sort it out as soon
as the got the bill of sale, the problem was that it was mislaid, so some
months later the same person took the sales docket into the shop, they just
stated that it was covered by the extended 2 year warrantee, but we then found
out that it wasn't as the mouse still had a 3 year warrantee, DSE stated that
it did not and it must be IUG's fault.

I found a Contact number on Ascents web site that turned out to be Logitech US
I think, and they sorted it out..

I did try before to get some response from the Logitech web site but the
support link did not work and the mouse support link came up that there email
support was being upgraded.

I noticed some comments a few years back that DSE only had one year warrantees
on what it sold, this I can confirm with a HD I brought some years back, the
WD drive had a 2 year warrantee, but DSE stated only one..

As you did not know the facts your assumptions are totally wrong.

Mary Hanna

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:31:05 +1300, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
>>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
>>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

>Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
>products/services.
>
>Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
>oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
>initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.
>
>Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick.
>
>Cheers, Rhino

Try and find warrantee details on there web site..

Donchano

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
>>was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
>>purchased at DSE.
>>
>>Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
>>neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
>>problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
>>
>>Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
>>and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
>>
>>I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
>>then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
>>way the whole things was handled by DSE.

>Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
>think if it was 18months later..?

I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

BTW - I might have to return this mouse too. But before I chuck it in
I'll try using an older software version that has more options than
the latest version. That might be the problem with not being able to
scroll one line at a time and a problem with the "pointer" having to
left-click certain items (like tabs, hyperlinks, etc) twice instead of
once before they'll work.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
>>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
>>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

>Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
>products/services.
>
>Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
>oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
>initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.
>
>Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick.

Sorry, this has not been my experience of DS (particularly). It is far more
dependent on who you get when you go in, than your approach. Last time I
tried to exchange something there (a plug pack with mutliple output voltages
- a while back now) the branch manager (who must have been all of 14 )
told me I had broken it so they wouldn't replace it. As you might imagine,
my attitude took a decided turn for the worse at that time, as all I had in
fact done was plug it in and watch it melt down - well, smell it actually.

Worth it tho, as a couple of weeks later the individual handed me another
one with a mumbled apology. I can say that complaining to head office is
worth the effort, should anyone need to.

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:25:17 +1300, Roger Sheppard (posting as Mary Hanna
<(E-Mail Removed)>) wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed) >:

> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

>>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
>>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
>>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

> It was not me that took this mouse back, I got involved when they stated it
> only had a 1 year warrantee, but I thought that was sorted out as I mentioned
> the Logitech 3 year warrantee, they stated that they would sort it out as soon
> as the got the bill of sale, the problem was that it was mislaid, so some
> months later the same person took the sales docket into the shop, they just
> stated that it was covered by the extended 2 year warrantee, but we then found
> out that it wasn't as the mouse still had a 3 year warrantee, DSE stated that
> it did not and it must be IUG's fault.
>
> I found a Contact number on Ascents web site that turned out to be Logitech US
> I think, and they sorted it out..
>
> I did try before to get some response from the Logitech web site but the
> support link did not work and the mouse support link came up that there email
> support was being upgraded.
>
> I noticed some comments a few years back that DSE only had one year warrantees
> on what it sold, this I can confirm with a HD I brought some years back, the
> WD drive had a 2 year warrantee, but DSE stated only one..
>
> As you did not know the facts your assumptions are totally wrong.

Ok, Roger, I'll bite. Precisely what are my assumptions?
(Be VERY careful what you attribute to whom.)

--
- Nicolaas

Mary Hanna

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:28:09 +1300, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)>
>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
>>>was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
>>>purchased at DSE.
>>>
>>>Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
>>>neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
>>>problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
>>>
>>>Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
>>>and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
>>>
>>>I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
>>>then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
>>>way the whole things was handled by DSE.

>>Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
>>think if it was 18months later..?

>I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
>with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

But DSE only gives you a one year warrantee, ask them..