Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > KEYBOARD OUTPUT

KEYBOARD OUTPUT

Ali

hi,
i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems to
be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the wrong
key.

i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista ultimate
with all updates.

can anyone tell me whats wrong

XS11E

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will
> output the wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or
> anything, it seems to be fine typing this out but every now and
> again it will output the wrong key.
>
> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
> ultimate with all updates.
>
> can anyone tell me whats wrong

Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Ali

"XS11E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will
>> output the wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or
>> anything, it seems to be fine typing this out but every now and
>> again it will output the wrong key.
>>
>> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
>> ultimate with all updates.
>>
>> can anyone tell me whats wrong

> Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

wired.

Caulfield Man

Ali wrote:
> hi,
> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
> wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
> to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
> wrong key.
>
> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
> ultimate with all updates.
>
> can anyone tell me whats wrong

Buy a new keyboard. Dunno where you are, but out here a decent wired
keyboard with good tactile feedback - logitech for example - can be had
for a trivial amount.

My experience with wireless keyboards was poor but your experience might
differ. For sure a wired one connects much better and saves your local
landfill 4 AAA batteries a year.

XS11E

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "XS11E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

> wired.

You don't have a cat, do you? A friend's cat used to chew through the
mouse and keyboard cables. He had to go to a wireless setup.

In your case it really does sound like the keyboard is bad. They're
pretty inexpensive these days, I usually pick them up at swap meets for
a couple of bucks, you might try a replacement and see if it fixes the
problem.

Caulfield Man <why@pleasephoneme> wrote:

> For sure a wired one connects much better

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the behavior of the cat, see my reply to
the OP!

XS11E wrote:
> Caulfield Man <why@pleasephoneme> wrote:
>
>> For sure a wired one connects much better

> Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the behavior of the cat, see my reply to
> the OP!

Yep, I see your feline reference, it shouldn't be ruled out as a
possible cause of the OP's keyboard issue.

chuckcar

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:_2Rym.4920$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> hi,
> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
> wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
> to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
> wrong key.
>
> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
> ultimate with all updates.
>
> can anyone tell me whats wrong

Specifically what keys come out wrong? You might be set for the wrong
country/keyboard type.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Ali

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:_2Rym.4920$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>
>> hi,
>> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
>> wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
>> to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
>> wrong key.
>>
>> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
>> ultimate with all updates.
>>
>> can anyone tell me whats wrong
>>

> Specifically what keys come out wrong? You might be set for the wrong
> country/keyboard type.
>

> --
> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

the keys are spitting out different letters each time, for instance i can
keep tapping the 'g' key and it will output a different alpha char each
time.

i did a reboot since and it seems fine so far.