Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > So long, folks

So long, folks

Twibil

On Oct 30, 11:02*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:

> > "So long, folks!" Hey, >I< noticed something: Wasn't Porky Pig
> > famous for that line?

> "Tha, tha, that's all folks! " was Porky's line.

Still is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

John Turco

Savageduck wrote:

> On 2009-10-30 22:32:27 -0700, John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > George Kerby wrote:
> >>
> >> On 10/12/09 1:41 PM, in article
> >> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "Allen"
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > <edited for brevity>

> >> You are incapable of noticing anything. THAT is amazing!

> > "So long, folks!" Hey, >I< noticed something: Wasn't Porky
> > Pig famous for that line?

> "Tha, tha, that's all folks! " was Porky's line.

Yeah, I recalled this fact, not long after sending my prior
reply.

Incidentally, is there any truth to the rumor that Daffy
Duck is your illegitimate cousin? (You don't lisp, do you?)

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Paintings Pain and Pun <http://laughatthepain.blogspot.com>

Филимон Лаковид

Looks as if Ray and ray haven't been paying attention. Don Stauffer
has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
contributor to this and several other groups.

Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
valued asset.

Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

"We become just by the practice of just actions,
self-controlled by exercising self-control,
and courageous by performing acts of courage."